• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Foreclosure Crisis Overblown?

New posts
Well, 71% of the houses on my street in Seacrest Beach are in foreclosure. So, something tells me we're not in one of those areas where it's overblown.
.

Rapunzel,

I would like to know where you received you figure of 71% for your street alone.

Thank you, IBD
 
It's not just Seacrest, WaterColor seems to have quite a few forclosures happening or on the near horizon. I have to agree with spindr that most of these are speculators or 2nd home owners who got liars loans. Either way this is just the beginning.
 
It's not just Seacrest, WaterColor seems to have quite a few forclosures happening or on the near horizon. I have to agree with spindr that most of these are speculators or 2nd home owners who got liars loans. Either way this is just the beginning.

I think it is all over 30-A!!:blink: I was just wondering where that number came from. It seems high for just one street.
 
I wouldn't be surprised if most of those foreclosures in Seacrest are either speculator owned who got caught when the music stopped or 2nd home owners who just bit off more than they chew at the wrong time.

Well that's a relief......we can be thankful that speculative/over buying is 'largely contained' to the Seacrest area.


.
 
Last edited:
Rapunzel,

I would like to know where you received you figure of 71% for your street alone.

Thank you, IBD

I was curious about that stat as well. There are 8 on our street, ours is one, I assume the two that look like they have been walked away from makes three. Across the way is a guy who will not budge from a $599 asking price even though it is the same three story Seacrest Beach house you can buy for at least $150k less throughout the development. The house at the far end just got bought by a family group from Atlantingham at a good (which means cheap) price. Hard to say without going to the courthouse, but best case scenario is 26% of the houses on our street are in foreclosure. Gee, that sounds alot healthier!:blink:
 
I was curious about that stat as well. There are 8 on our street, ours is one, I assume the two that look like they have been walked away from makes three. Across the way is a guy who will not budge from a $599 asking price even though it is the same three story Seacrest Beach house you can buy for at least $150k less throughout the development. The house at the far end just got bought by a family group from Atlantingham at a good (which means cheap) price. Hard to say without going to the courthouse, but best case scenario is 26% of the houses on our street are in foreclosure. Gee, that sounds alot healthier!:blink:

Thanks Skunky for at least answering me. Are you talking about the street on the side where your cars are parked? or the other side of your house? (which is actually the front)
 
I was curious about that stat as well. There are 8 on our street, ours is one, I assume the two that look like they have been walked away from makes three. Across the way is a guy who will not budge from a $599 asking price even though it is the same three story Seacrest Beach house you can buy for at least $150k less throughout the development. The house at the far end just got bought by a family group from Atlantingham at a good (which means cheap) price. Hard to say without going to the courthouse, but best case scenario is 26% of the houses on our street are in foreclosure. Gee, that sounds alot healthier!:blink:

Sound like someone may have just divided the wrong way to get the percentage. I've done that before.

Thanks Skunky for at least answering me. Are you talking about the street on the side where your cars are parked? or the other side of your house? (which is actually the front)

Isn't new ubanism new math fun?
 
HOLY MACKERAL! :yikes: Who?s paying the homeowners dues in Seacrest? Maybe we?ll have to fire the security guards and let the spring breakers have the place.
 
HOLY MACKERAL! :yikes: Who?s paying the homeowners dues in Seacrest? Maybe we?ll have to fire the security guards and let the spring breakers have the place.

I'm not sure, maybe IBD can clear this one up, but I believe it has not gone thru transition and is still under developer control.
 
I'm not sure, maybe IBD can clear this one up, but I believe it has not gone thru transition and is still under developer control.

Nope. The transition took place a couple of years ago. I?m just curious to find out who has the priority position ? the bank or the homeowners association. Maybe I?ll find out the hard way when they stop cleaning the pool. I know that in a tax deed sale both the bank and the HOA are wiped out.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top