rapunzel
Beach Fanatic
On our cul de sac, six out of nine of the houses are at varying points in the foreclosure process.
As depressing and sad as this is in terms of the personal wealth of these people being wiped out, I'm now starting to wonder what this is going to do to the community? From what I understand, the lenders generally show up at the auctions on the courthouse steps and bid the amount of the loan for the properties. What happens next? Do the banks maintain the homes? Do they pay the HOA fees? Do they keep the utilities connected?
When massive numbers of houses start to be foreclosed upon, what is this community going to look like? What does it do to the community if the banks just hold these properties until the price goes back up to cover the $790,000 note when the houses are sitting on the market at $550K?
I keep half-expecting to see tumbleweeds blowing down the street.
As depressing and sad as this is in terms of the personal wealth of these people being wiped out, I'm now starting to wonder what this is going to do to the community? From what I understand, the lenders generally show up at the auctions on the courthouse steps and bid the amount of the loan for the properties. What happens next? Do the banks maintain the homes? Do they pay the HOA fees? Do they keep the utilities connected?
When massive numbers of houses start to be foreclosed upon, what is this community going to look like? What does it do to the community if the banks just hold these properties until the price goes back up to cover the $790,000 note when the houses are sitting on the market at $550K?
I keep half-expecting to see tumbleweeds blowing down the street.
maybe that's been the lender's long range goal all along.