I have to say it feels as if no one learned from very recent mistakes. It makes me afraid for another roller coaster ride. I'm just in a state of open jaw at the moment. I too have watched homes that sold in 2009 back on the market for $100,000+ of purchase price. What is the logic?? The fact that some actually sell is mind blowing. I know supply and demand drive price. I was kinda thinking lower inventory would help stabilize the market, not send it back up in random, arbitrary bursts in pockets along our hwy.
Greed drives the asking price... I get saying, "Well heck, lets put it on for $150,000 more than we bought it for less than 30 months ago. Maybe some dumba-- will come along.". What I really don't understand is... Shore enough... they are!!!
Now, don't go biting my head off... We purchased on the low end. And, geez, I'd like to pat myself on the back and think I made some huge profit. But, truth be told, we are in for the long haul. 30-A is my home in my heart.... I don't ever plan on it leaving my life. Therefore, I want to see steady growth... not empty homes and buildings from another bubble burst.
Just my fear...