• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Forms of Payment

New posts
Have you tried the Publix ATM? It honors most networks, and they don't charge a fee, so if your bank doesn't charge a fee, you're set.

Our credit union is in Atlanta and has few ATMS, but Publix is always free for us.


I second this response, works for me and has for years and there is usually a Publix near by. I am also with a credit union in Atlanta.
 
Sally's frontside (apologies to Sally) accepts cards- $10 minimum. Are you sure you can't use a card when patronizing her backside (again apologies)? Hahahahaha
With all apoligies duly accepted:biggrin:, I checked with Sally's frontside and was told that was correct...Sally's backside was not accepting plastic.:lolabove:
 
If you need a credit union ATM and your CU is part of the big networks, I'd try one of the Army Aviation CU offices:

Santa Rosa Beach
200 Mack Bayou Rd
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Phone: 850-267-2163
Safe Deposit boxes available

Miramar Beach
106-B Miramar Plaza
12889 Emerald Coast Pkwy
Destin, FL 32550
Phone: 850-654-3087
 
While it may be less convenient for some diners, I can definitely see why a restaurant would be cash only.

Not only do credit card companies charge fees and/or take a percent cut, you also have the additional expenses of the machines to run the cards, extra receipts to print, phone lines to run the cards, and it takes staff longer to run cards (especially multiples).

That said, I think any cash only restaurant should give a computer printed receipt and have a no-fee ATM on site or nearby.

I have been using more cash lately as a combo of helping me budget, screw the credit card companies, and as a way to give more $ to local businesses during hard times.

My bank does not charge me any fees to use any ATM in the US, so if I need cash I go to the Publix's ATM for a $0 charge.

Another easy way to get cash is to do cashback at a place like Target or Publix if you are making a purchase.
 
Acute? C'mon.
Suck it up. Hit the ATM at Red Bar like everyone else, spend the extra $3 banking fee and have the time of your life. You're on vacation for heaven sakes! :)

Dude, you're absolutely, 100% RIGHT!

Thanks, I needed that>
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top