• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Found Lab

New posts
steeleing1 said:
Unfortunately, by the time I learned the dog's name and to whom he belonged, he was gone.

We took him to meet my sister who said she'd keep him until the owners were located, and as soon as he was out of the car he took off toward 30-A. After a slow chase and a fall from a 4 foot ledge (by me, not the dog), we got him back in the car and back to Seaside.

However, he wanted nothing to do with us by that point and began growling when we tried to get him back in the car to go home. So we let him stay exactly where he found me, around my office. There were found dog signs all over Seaside, and several people were feeding him there.

I know this is the same dog that castlesofsand wrote about, and I've left a message with the owner. I have not heard whether or not they have been reunited. He must be very confused by now. I tried to help, but I fear I have done more harm than good. We were all pretty worked up by the end of the evening; and I have the bruises to show.

Please let me know if you hear any more about Lucky.

OMG, I am so sorry!! What a trooper for mankind!! We had a sign outside our door with the lab on it. He was really sweet. Thanks for trying...it only takes a few to change the world.

HAHA I sound like such a hippie but I am the biggest prep!
 
steeleing1 said:
Unfortunately, by the time I learned the dog's name and to whom he belonged, he was gone.

We took him to meet my sister who said she'd keep him until the owners were located, and as soon as he was out of the car he took off toward 30-A. After a slow chase and a fall from a 4 foot ledge (by me, not the dog), we got him back in the car and back to Seaside.

However, he wanted nothing to do with us by that point and began growling when we tried to get him back in the car to go home. So we let him stay exactly where he found me, around my office. There were found dog signs all over Seaside, and several people were feeding him there.

I know this is the same dog that castlesofsand wrote about, and I've left a message with the owner. I have not heard whether or not they have been reunited. He must be very confused by now. I tried to help, but I fear I have done more harm than good. We were all pretty worked up by the end of the evening; and I have the bruises to show.

Please let me know if you hear any more about Lucky.

I hope someone kissed your bruises.
 
jdarg said:
Maybe someone took him to a shelter or the local animal control? :idontno:
The closest shelter or animal control is in Panty Maw Sitty or Ft Walton Bch, but I am sure that Lucky dog will be just fine. However, his owner is probably a wreck.
 
Lucky is most likely running lose during the day at Seaside getting feed by everyone and at night someone is taking him in. Who is this owner? Are they out of town. Seaside is not that big and they should be able to find him if someone visiting did not take him back home from their vacation. If it was my Lab and I was not dead I would find her. For what it is worth! If they do not want him send over to the bay. One more dog will not matter. :(


the hutch
 
hutch said:
Lucky is most likely running lose during the day at Seaside getting feed by everyone and at night someone is taking him in. Who is this owner? Are they out of town. Seaside is not that big and they should be able to find him if someone visiting did not take him back home from their vacation. If it was my Lab and I was not dead I would find her. For what it is worth! If they do not want him send over to the bay. One more dog will not matter. :(


the hutch

When I saw him at the Post Office, two little girls were taking him around and posting signs. If everyone keeps bringing him in, the owners may have a difficult time tracking him down. Maybe the owner needs to borrow my hound dog.
 
I can't believe Lucky is still on the loose!! The owners of the dog were in Grayton Beach. The woman and her daughter said the dog was familiar with the Grayton Beach area and usually came home on his own (unless people were feeding him). When I talked to her, that was last week :shock: she said he had been gone for 30 hours and that was the longest he had ever been out. I would be going crazy if one of my dogs were gone that long!!! I wish they knew about SoWal.com!! :idontno:
 
I spoke to the owner, Janet Taylor, last night, and they still had not located Lucky Dog (one week missing). She said his tags should have been on him, but they were gone by the time he came into my life.

She said he was prone to wandering but usually stayed around the Grayton area. I think they live in Watercolor now. The last time he'd been seen was Friday night at ONO in Seaside. No word since then. He probably has a new home.

I used to have a dog named Lucky, and I have come to realize that it is not a very good name.
 
steeleing1 said:
I spoke to the owner, Janet Taylor, last night, and they still had not located Lucky Dog (one week missing). She said his tags should have been on him, but they were gone by the time he came into my life.

She said he was prone to wandering but usually stayed around the Grayton area. I think they live in Watercolor now. The last time he'd been seen was Friday night at ONO in Seaside. No word since then. He probably has a new home.

I used to have a dog named Lucky, and I have come to realize that it is not a very good name.

If Lucky does have a new home, I sure hope his new owners keep better tabs on him. He sounds like a sweet dog; if he's been hanging around Seaside, he's lucky to have survived the traffic! Sure hope Lucky is safe and comfy somewhere.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top