• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Framing contractor cost/sqft

New posts

SeaGrooving

Beach Comber
I am going to build a house in Watercolor beginning in July or August. This will be a permanent residence for our family. Trying to get some preliminary estimates on costs. We will be the general contractor on this project, and will need sub contractors for every phase. Does anyone have any recent data on what the framing labor costs are per square foot? Appreciate any data or recommendations on good subs. I am especially interested in framing subs who have constructed homes in the Watercolor or Watersound area. Thanks!
 
I Know A Good One I Will Send Phone Number Later We Als Do Painting And Pressure Washing , We Have References 863-8809
 
We are licensed GCs in California, Arizona, and Florida.
Just checking for the obvious problems that an unlicensed person acting as a GC for himself/herself would encounter, especially working in WaterColor.

framer -- Tim Ohara -- 770-530-8033
does a great job, and doesn't keep sending you to the lumber yard for additional supplies. Has experience in WaterSound and WaterColor.
 
Last edited:
If you are considering building Green than give me a PM and I will help you out. I know several subs from building systems to foam shooters to solar water heaters and PV system installers. Also an extensive line of flooring that is green. I even have a roof system that is called hurricane Proof roof system that is as it is named. I am the area rep for Eco-Smart. The best most comprehensive source for green building supplies in the country and is geared towards FL and the coast.
 
Well as for as framing cost psf....that is like asking how much a car costs.
Houses vary in degree of framing complexity, if your house is a perfect rectangle and can be framed in a week then the $ would be low.

Problem is, with the lot costs being so expensive, its stupid to build a generic house on an expensive lot. So the architect designs a complex house and the framing contractors are few and far between that can frame a very complex house, has a good work ethic, can be trusted to buy your material, and has workers comp and gen liability insurance. If you found such a framing contractor, a price of 10 to 15 dollars psf would be a good value for you. If the framings wrong, the house is wrong. Poor material purchases by the framer could cost you a fortune and I dont think most homeowners really know what the required materials are. So its a lot about proficiency, dependability, trust, trust, trust, and insurance.

There are so many challenges to building your own house, I dont think you realize what you are getting yourself into; if its in WaterColor and has any complexities at all, I think you're asking for trouble by doing it yourself. If you hold down a full time job and expect to do this on the side, you are in for some sleepless nights.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top