• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Free range, never frozen turkeys?

New posts

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Does anyone know of a place around here that takes orders for free range, organic, never frozen turkeys? (I wish we had a Trader Joes or a Whole Foods around here.)
 
Fresh Market (in Destin or Sandestin, can't remember) absolutely for sure would have them.

Also, have you asked Publix? They might be able to special order one for you.
 
I have a question for you foodies - how long ahead of Thursday can you get a "fresh" turkey and still hope for it to be "fresh"?

I notice that Publix is advertising fresh turkeys "while supplies last" in this week's flyer - if I get one tomorrow, is it okay?

In other places we lived, you placed an order for a fresh turkey and went and picked it up on Wednesday - we asked the local Publix manager about that, and he said it's just first-come, etc.

I don't need free-range, all that, just looking for a truly fresh boid.
 
Does anyone know of a place around here that takes orders for free range, organic, never frozen turkeys? (I wish we had a Trader Joes or a Whole Foods around here.)

For The Health of It has certified organic fresh turkeys as well as frozen certified organic turkeys and natural free range birds for sale.

For The Health of It
2217 West Scenic 30A
Blue Mountain Beach
267.0558
 
Thanks Peaboy - I figured you would have them as you usually do.

People please, shop at For The Health Of It and support our sponsor!

If they don't have it you don't need it or it's bad for you. :lol: Seriously it is the best little big store you could hope for. I'm always impressed when I enter. Tons of products, happy people - shop local!!!

Oh, and you can get a massage. :biggrin:
 
For The Health Of It always comes through. Not only do they have everything you need, the owners and staff are some of the coolest people in town.
 
Okay I've spent far too much time looking for the frozen turkey issue. Apparently all turkeys are technically "frozen", but depending on the temeperature they are considered fresh, partially frozen, or frozen. Regardless of the terminology they are all stored at below 32 degrees fahrenheit. The only difference you are going to find is organic.
 
Okay I've spent far too much time looking for the frozen turkey issue. Apparently all turkeys are technically "frozen", but depending on the temeperature they are considered fresh, partially frozen, or frozen. Regardless of the terminology they are all stored at below 32 degrees fahrenheit. The only difference you are going to find is organic.


Mine is hitting the brine on Wednesday. Hope the cooler is big enough!
 
Jambone's posted a thread earlier. They are taking orders. They are also selling all the traditional trimmings. We should allways support our locals rather than the big corporations.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top