• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fresh Field Peas?

New posts

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Anyone know where I can buy fresh field peas, already shelled? And, is it true that Cotton's Produce has closed forever?
 
Anyone know where I can buy fresh field peas, already shelled? And, is it true that Cotton's Produce has closed forever?

I got some two weeks ago at Seaside farmer's market. Don't remember vendor, but he had mainly tomatoes and the peas were stashed in a cooler.
 
Just bought some today at Mills Produce in Malvern, AL. Malvern is about an hour and forty five min. from Seagrove. $18.00 for a shelled hamper. I put them up in vacuum seal bags and you have fresh peas all year. They also had butterbeans, speckled butterbeans, butterpeas and lady peas to come in Friday.
 
Thanks everyone...I think it's a road trip to Malvern...Seagrovegirl, wanna go?
 
Next year, try getting peas,butterbeans around the end of June or early part of July. You won't find the same quality in later crops picked this time of year,:wave:I always am finished putting mine up for the winter by first week in July if I'm buying them. Now growing them , you are at the mercy of your plants and wet/ dry conditions.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top