• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fresh Mullet

New posts

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Just wondering if anyone knows of a resturant in the area that serves fried mullet? I normally catch and prepare myself but wanted to have a back up plan as most of my family expect to eat fresh fried mullet, fried oysters, grits and hushpuppies when visiting. It is kind of strange that mullet are in abundance in the Choctawhatchee Bay but I have yet to find fried mullet on a menu.
 
If you find yourself in Ft. Walton Beach, it's on the specials board at Stewby's on Racetrack Rd. fairly often. I'd also try checking the Basin Bayou location of Nick's.
 
Strongly recommend Nick's at Basin Bayou. They also have frog legs every now and then. Best fried seafood I've had down here...never heavy, never greasy, never too breaded, never overcooked.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top