I got a fresh turkey last year from the butcher. In all honesty, none of us could tell the difference. I mean, it was very good and juicy, but frozen Butterballs are too. I don't think I would order one again.The turkey, that is. And is it Roasted or Deep Fried? Free Range or Supermarket Special?
The turkey, that is. And is it Roasted or Deep Fried? Free Range or Supermarket Special?
fresh only please!!! no need to order here. just walk in publix and pick one up.
I was just listening to a turkey expert on NPR. she was talking about the importance of brining the turkey and how much moisture it adds (this is a very important step for any roast turkey or hen, it needs to gain some of its hydration lost in packaging). I've started this practice in the last few years with all turkey, turkey breast, and hens, and it truly makes a difference.
another important step is to start the turkey out at high heat, breast side down, then rotate to each side, then finally to breast side up. then turn heat down to whatever.
).OMG awesome!!!Done it all. I keep going back to a fresh Butterball. Mr. Kitty finally talked me into that brining thing...I thought it would taste like a salt lick. It was good.
BTW...MS (My Son, Male Spawn, Mr. Steven) is coming home...TOMORROW!!!! Just received his Columbia shuttle confirmation and he is flying into Love Field (take that Mr. Wright!!) which is so much closer to our home! Molly is going to FLIP! :clap_1: Gobble Gobble!!!