• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fresh Seafood Go To...

New posts

Best Place to get Fresh Seafood

  • Livin' off the Land...er...Sea/Gulf

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Sexton's

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Shrimpers

    Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Destin Ice House

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Goatfeathers

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Publix

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Fresh Market

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

    Votes: 2 4.5%

  • Total voters
    44
  • Poll closed .

weimowner

Beach Lover
When procuring fresh seafood in the area what is your GO TO source?

If other please post what your choice is and why. Thanks for voting.:cool:
 
Last edited:
Goatfeathers in Seagrove or Shrimpers on Hwy 98, almost across from Sugar Drive. These places are CLEAN and fish, shrimp, etc...always excellent.
 
I was wondering also. Anyone know how that Fish Market (on 98 - supposed to reopen in March) is?
 
Last edited:
I get fish from the ocean and shrimp & crab cakes from Shrimpers, but it won't let me vote for 2!

Is Shrimpers back open BTW? It's March!

You couldn't pay me to eat seafood from Goatfeathers! I don't know what it is, but there is just something about it that sets off my radar.
 
Last edited:
Shrimpers opens March 11 accdg to their sign:clap:
 
You couldn't pay me to eat seafood from Goatfeathers! I don't know what it is, but there is just something about it that sets off my radar.

I went there a month or so ago with the IL's & they were very critical of GF's (my IL's are self-proclaimed seafood experts - I defer to them)
 
Shrimp is normally what I buy, and I used to stock up for the year when the boats (usually Billy McLean's) tie up on the 331 causeway. (Choctawhatchee Bay shrimp is the best in the world, bar none. :wave:) Though, the older I get, the less I enjoy standing at the sink for hours at a time, pulling heads off seemingly endless quantities of shrimp. Losing 40 lbs of it after Ivan also has left me leery of stocking up for the winter.

So, lately, we've had consistently good shrimp from Shrimper's. :drool:
If my uncle stops fishing in the gulf, I guess I'll have to buy more stuff there too.
 
These hurricane free summers are impacting my shrimp supplies. :(

No storms means no evacuvacation to the Georgia coast where I spend my time shrimping and usually come home with 20-40 lbs! :wub:
 
I picked living off the land-gulf-bay. Nothing beats steaming up a bunch of blue crabs that I pull out of my traps at the dock, or fresh fish that I just caught. (in my best aussie accent: I'm having fish too-niight!) I'm getting better at netting shrimp, but will supplement that at shrimpers or Billy's.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top