• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fresh seafood?

New posts
Goat Feathers (Blue Mountain or Seagrove) and Shrimpers. Those are my three go to places if I don't catch it myself.
 
I just ate fresh cooked grouper and (sushi actually -yellowfin) tuna I got from Goatfeathers Seagrove today. I couldn't have eaten better at any restaurant very fresh and no fishy odors.
 
Buddy's is great, just kind of a drive if you're on 30A. Worth it though if the others are out or don't have what you want.
 
We love to stop in at Goatfeathers in Seagrove Beach or Blue Mountain Beach for fresh seafood whenever possible. Great, fresh seafood is expensive though...

If shopping for shrimp at Publix, I just get the bag of frozen, to use when making chowder or pasta dishes. I've picked up fresh shrimp there, but with very mixed results.
 
Last edited:
Most of shrimp we see fresh at the likes of goatfeathers ( and I buy it at BMB all the time)
Has been frozen since shrimp boats now stay out for days and actually arrive on shore frozen. So yes of frozen Publix is USA wild its fine and is cheaper. Costco same product usually Thailand.
Be careful.
 
I've actually gotten really good shrimp at Publix but you have to ask some questions and have a decent fishmonger available. Some are honest - some don't care.
It also depends on the season - when they are getting a lot in and selling a lot to keep it fresh
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top