• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fried Bologna Sandwich

New posts

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
I know this post Wil have comments from both sides of the fence. How many of you secretly still enjoy a fried Bologna Sandwich? Wondering if anyone out there is still down to earth enough to admit it?
 
I`m not ashamed to admit it. Nothing like a thick cut of bologna fried up in a cast iron skillet and topped off with a slice of cheddar. A little lettuce, tomato and mayo and I`m all over it.
 
Sounds better than raw but never had either and never will. What is it anyway? I don't think I want to know but have a morbid curiosity.
 
It just can't be better than fried spam, can it?
 
Love love fried Bologna( don't forget to slit it first), fresh Maters,and slice of onion and Mayo....two please......
 
There was / is a German Place in Niceville where you can actually buy high quality bologna from the old country.

Mines on Rye with Good Mustard.
 
led it Kentucky steak.
Bologna sausage, sometimes phonetically spelled baloney (/bəˈloʊni/),[1] known in Europe as a Lyoner, is a sausage derived from mortadella, a similar-looking, finely ground pork sausage containing cubes of lard, originally from the Italian city of Bologna (IPA: [boˈloɲɲa] ( listen)). Aside from pork, bologna can alternatively be made out of chicken, turkey, beef, venison, combined or soy protein. Typical seasoning for bologna includes black pepper, nutmeg, allspice, celery seed, coriander, and like mortadella, myrtle berries give it its distinctive flavor.[2] U.S. Government regulations require American bologna to be finely ground[3] and without visible pieces of lard.
 
Love love fried Bologna( don't forget to slit it first), fresh Maters,and slice of onion and Mayo....two please......

I have not had a fried bolonga sandwich in about forty years, but recall my grandpa making them for me when I was a kid. He was a rebel and cut no slit, resulting in a satisfying doming of the meat as it trapped steam then "pop" after critical mass was reached. I loved it!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top