• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fried Okra

New posts

lancelf08

Beach Comber
Where's a good place to get some great fried okra?

I know Southern Cafe in Seaside has some good okra, but anyone else know of any other places?
 
Is that a real question or is 'fried okra' a code word for something else..? If it's only fried okra that i seek, i'd stay away from Seaside, that'll cost you...
Good Luck...
 
Is that a real question or is 'fried okra' a code word for something else..? If it's only fried okra that i seek, i'd stay away from Seaside, that'll cost you...
Good Luck...

:lolabove: I don't even know where to start with code name 'fried okra':biggrin:

I don't know of any places that do the real deal anymore. Most use the pre-breaded, frozen type. Murray's in DFS serves it but I don't think it's fresh.

Fannons on 83 N. might?

Busy Bee and Murray's both have fresh fried green tomatoes. Bee's fried green tomato sandwich is kick butt.

You might need to get in good with someones Granny if you have a craving for the real deal.:wave:
 
the best fried okra I've ever had around here (and nearly the best I've ever had period) is at Daddy's BBQ in PCB, back beach road. yummmmmmeeeeeeee. it's not far. go and get it. I believe they are only open for breakfast and lunch. you'll enjoy the rest of the food too, and at a very reasonable price.
 
Delta Kitchen, in Freeport. -- the real deal, and the best around, by far, unless you could raise my grandma from the dead, and get her to cook some. I do have her recipe in my head, but I cannot quite duplicate her cookin' of fried okra. One trick is to use a little cornmeal with the flour.
 
I adore fried okra! Grew up eating it. But my hubby from Wisconsin has never accommodated me on this, so I don't ever cook it. That and turnip or collard greens. :(

He likes some weird stuff. Like rhubarb. I saw some at Publix yesterday -- shocked me -- almost bought it, but I decided if he won't eat my okra and collards, I'm not gonna reward him by serving rhubarb.
 
I adore fried okra! Grew up eating it. But my hubby from Wisconsin has never accommodated me on this, so I don't ever cook it. That and turnip or collard greens. :(

He likes some weird stuff. Like rhubarb. I saw some at Publix yesterday -- shocked me -- almost bought it, but I decided if he won't eat my okra and collards, I'm not gonna reward him by serving rhubarb.
:lol: you go BR!!!
 
Fried okry is on my list of top ten faves of all time forever and ever. :wub:
 
Fried okry is on my list of top ten faves of all time forever and ever. :wub:

Mine too. Our son used to call it fried eyeballs. My Daddy grew in his garden and FBB cooked it up. We never had any at the dinner table. We gobbled it up like popcorn. Wonder how many WW points that would be? :confused::wave:
 
Mine too. Our son used to call it fried eyeballs. My Daddy grew in his garden and FBB cooked it up. We never had any at the dinner table. We gobbled it up like popcorn. Wonder how many WW points that would be? :confused::wave:

Numbers don't go that high. :yikes::bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top