• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fried Okra

New posts
I like the fried okra at Sunnyside Grill and also at Mike's Diner, both in PCB on Front Beach Road.
I like Mike's Diner and get fried okra every time. Believe me, if you like Mike's, you will love Delta Kitchen's.

GTTBM, :clap: That brings back memories. I remember when my grandmother would stay with us to babysit, during the summers. That lady could cook! Too frequently, my brother and I would wait as she cooked, and when she pulled them out of the pan or fryer, we would let the okra cool for maybe thirty seconds and eat, even though it usually burned our mouths. We'd be finished with that batch before she'd dip out the next. I love me some fried okra and my grandmas. :wub:
 
I like Mike's Diner and get fried okra every time. Believe me, if you like Mike's, you will love Delta Kitchen's.

GTTBM, :clap: That brings back memories. I remember when my grandmother would stay with us to babysit, during the summers. That lady could cook! Too frequently, my brother and I would wait as she cooked, and when she pulled them out of the pan or fryer, we would let the okra cool for maybe thirty seconds and eat, even though it usually burned our mouths. We'd be finished with that batch before she'd dip out the next. I love me some fried okra and my grandmas. :wub:


FBB and I always make a trip, or two to Mike's. I try hard not to order the okra, but always cave and get it. We are definitely going to try Delta Kitchen next trip down. I adore good home cooked veggies. We are working on Camden. He's a veggie hater. :( That's not gonna work in our family.
 
Had some fried okra with catfish fillets, and black eye peas tonight, with cornbread, yummy. :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top