• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fried Oysters

New posts
:welcome: The ones we had at Hurricanes were pretty good. Nicks on the north side of the bay has some good ones. I am sure others will have ideas too:cool:
 
Hate to say it (because they don't serve local oysters), but ACME at Sandestin makes what are, IMO, the best in the area. Village Market has some decent ones as well.

Haven't tried them at OFFH, but I imagine they're pretty good.

If you stop and think about it, considering it's a coastal area, there simply aren't enough places that serve them - at least as an entree.
 
Dusty's on front beach road in Panama City is "the Place" for any kind of oysters. They have great frog leggs too.:clap: :clap: :clap:
 
Second the recommendations for Dusty's and Seagrove Village Market. I've also enjoyed them at Shades on the Loop.

Of course, if you've got the time, drive to Apalachicola for the best.
 
Last edited:
Hate to say it (because they don't serve local oysters), but ACME at Sandestin makes what are, IMO, the best in the area. Village Market has some decent ones as well.

Haven't tried them at OFFH, but I imagine they're pretty good.

If you stop and think about it, considering it's a coastal area, there simply aren't enough places that serve them - at least as an entree.
So how is the service there at ACME. I went to the one there in a village, might be this one, and the servers were more interested in each other than the customers. Made for a very long meal. :(
 
So how is the service there at ACME. I went to the one there in a village, might be this one, and the servers were more interested in each other than the customers. Made for a very long meal. :(

I usually sit at the counter and get served by the shuckers. But yeah, if you go anywhere in Baytowne Wharf during the height of the tourist season, I wouldn't expect attentive service.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top