• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Frogs! Frogs! Frogs!

New posts
For those unfamiliar with this piece of history (or worthless trivia as some might say), there is an interesting reason why we have so many frogs.

The 1972 horror film, aptly titled "Frogs", was filmed at Eden. The house and surrounding area are the main locale. Without going into much plot detail (trust me, it truly is as bad as you can imagine, although I am sure some will find the tale of environmental caution relevant with our current events), numerous amphibians and reptiles were brought in for filming. Many of these frogs and toads escaped, and possibly were released, during filming.

Undoubtedly, many of our current frogs and toads are descended from these "famous" amphibians.

For more info, check out the IMDB page, and I believe the trivia section references the escape of of the frogs. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068615/ I personally have heard the same tale numerous times locally.

Remember the frog scene from "Magnolia?"

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGJh1HgqNoM"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
 
They were not supposed to be able to interbreed with our native amphibians. However, it was the escape of the reptiles which greatly bothered my elementary-school mind at the time. :yikes:

Ew!!! I wouldn't worry about whether or not they could interbreed with the native amphibians, I'd worry if 2 or more escaped!
 
Brody picked one up today and said, "Awww a tiny baby frog, he is so cute Momma let's make him dead."
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top