• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Future of Crestview

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
A little birdie tells me today that there is a big leisure/resort(s) coming to a particular area close by. Supposedly (no confirmation), a California company purchased a large chunk of nearby land for a very large chunk of $$$$$, and is bringing in two massive entertainment parks. The littel birdie says that they closed on the property. Hmm??? No confirmation, but my little birdie has been apparently been busy today telling many people, because other people have been hearing the same thing. Maybe it is like people who pump up stocks in chatrooms, trying to up their own price, then sell. Is this a ploy by local landowners in that area? :idontno: We will soon see.
 
Ask the little birdie if he or she would like some Six Flags stock, now trading at $4.71 per share. Not a great time for the theme park industry.
 
Seems like there's always some sort of theme park rumor floating around somewhere in the Panhandle, though it's usually further east toward Panama City or Marianna.

I just don't see that happening right now in Crestview proper because any area that's got the utility and road access infrastructure that it can be zoned medium density residential is probably going to be priced at too high of a price per acre to make a small to medium-sized amusement park not financially feasible.

In terms of entertainment, I could see a long term player buying commercial with plans for an entertainment/mall/lifestyle project in five years. 10,000 new primary residence housing units in front of the planning department in those parts, as the cry goes, and those folks aren't going to want to drive all the way to Ft. Walton Beach or Pensacola to go to the Gap.
 
GVM said:
Ask the little birdie if he or she would like some Six Flags stock, now trading at $4.71 per share. Not a great time for the theme park industry.
If the talk is true, I definitely would not waste my money on "Six Flags."
 
beachmouse said:
Seems like there's always some sort of theme park rumor floating around somewhere in the Panhandle, though it's usually further east toward Panama City or Marianna.
The theme park rumor has been floating around for the last year, but the talk I hear this morning sounds like it may have some grip. I am hearing specifics, but am just waiting to verify.
 
Smiling JOe said:
The theme park rumor has been floating around for the last year, but the talk I hear this morning sounds like it may have some grip. I am hearing specifics, but am just waiting to verify.

Well ???
 
FoX said:
Well, nothing confirmed yet, but many people have heard a similar report. I just checked the Okaloosa County sales reports for May and I cannot find anything fitting the bill.
 
Last edited:
I heard another version of the north Okaloosa rumor today. Not Disney or California, but a big player. (think beer) One square mile of land between Crestview and Mossy Head.
 
beachmouse said:
I heard another version of the north Okaloosa rumor today. Not Disney or California, but a big player. (think beer) One square mile of land between Crestview and Mossy Head.
The story which you heard is the same story. One of the two companies does produce mucho American beer, even though the family's name isn't American.

I have been asking around and still, no one can confirm the sale. I checked Okaloosa County's sales and turned up no sales coming close to matching the sales price which I heard.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top