• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gaff Rigged Schooner

New posts

TJMay

Beach Lover
After many years of sailing my big sloop rigged schooner, I sold her last year.

It was time but I miss sailing a lot. So, I recently bought a much smaller gaff rigged cat boat. It is a SunCat by Compac. She's 17' long, lives on a trailer and is easy to setup and launch.

While sailing is sailing, apparently there are many differences in the way a gaff rigged and a sloop rigged are handled.

If there any sailers who are experienced in sailing a gaff rig and would like to teach an old sailer new tricks, I'd really enjoy a sail one day.

Tommy
850-830-5927
 
Thanks.

I made contact with Captain Mark.

He is only experienced with sloop rigged boats.

Anyone else?

Tommy
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top