• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

garbage along hwy 98

New posts
I just drove along 98 from Sandestin to West 30A and I couldn't believe the trash and litter.

I wonder if alot of it is from Memorial weekend?

It might be time for the county to get the guys in the stripe suits down here.
 
is anyone else getting upset with all the garbage that blows onto highway 98 roadsides as you head from sandestin to hwy 30A?? i believe most of it comes from construction workers who drive pickup's and don't cover the backs, thereby allowing all their debris to blow out. i see white paint buckets, papers, etc. that are all construction-related. then, to add to the mess, there are empty beer bottles, cups, food wrappers that tourists most likely dump. it would be difficult to believe that residents of our 30a area would be distributing their litter roadside. i noticed that the old snapperhead's is being reopened as another restaurant - hopefully, we won't have to deal with the beer bottles and other debris along 30a that used to occur from snapperhead's business. my point is that i don't drive to other peoples' homes' and dump my garbage so they need to take theirs home. i know cindy meadows has been very vocal about the litter problem in this area.

This is an example of something that bothers me about this place. It's real easy to point fingers at "tourists" when something goes wrong in the area. Although I spend a good bit of time in SoWal, I am technically a tourist for the simple reason I don't own property there. I have never and will never throw anything out of my vehicle. On the occasion I see people littering from their vehicle, it almost always has a Walton County tag on the back.
 
Update on trash..................

The county was on top of it yesterday! yeah!!!!!:clap:

They picked up the trash and mowed. It looks great.

I hope they are working their way east bound.

Thanks county ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top