• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gas Availability

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of thing that could spell economic disaster. Fueled by the media causing an unneeded panic.
 
It seems that the gas shortage is limited to Atlanta....and further fueled by rumor and media hype. The governor has said that the "disruption in the supply pipeline" should be corrected in 72 hours. I hope so, I'm looking forward to coming down there for the Labor day weekend.
 
EZ4144 said:
Gas here should be rationed for tourists and saved for locals. Too many guzzlers from out of state.


Mr. Sunshine is back! I'm feeling warm and fuzzy now! Although I am SO shocked you are not in NOLA helping with the relief effort.
 
They just announced on WSB that in the last 3 hours prices have shot up $3 a gallon on top of where they were. On the northside, some stations are selling for 5.99 a gallon, the rest for $5/gal. Gov. Perdue just issued state of emergency and put a price freeze in effect.

I dont think i've ever used this before on this forum, but...... :bang:
 
Here in Alabama - Oxford - regular is $3.15 gal. and suppose to be over 4.00 by the weekend.
 
katie blue said:
They just announced on WSB that in the last 3 hours prices have shot up $3 a gallon on top of where they were. On the northside, some stations are selling for 5.99 a gallon, the rest for $5/gal. Gov. Perdue just issued state of emergency and put a price freeze in effect.

I dont think i've ever used this before on this forum, but...... :bang:
RiverOtter, bet get that gas for the boat quickly. You know if gas is priced at $5.99 9/10 per gal on the streets, it has to be $6.99 9/10 on the water.


Let me just announce, I will not be checking on everyone's homes. They are fine. I still have not bought that scooter. :bang:
 
Smiling JOe said:
RiverOtter, bet get that gas for the boat quickly. You know if gas is priced at $5.99 9/10 per gal on the streets, it has to be $6.99 9/10 on the water.


Let me just announce, I will not be checking on everyone's homes. They are fine. I still have not bought that scooter. :bang:


I was talking to a friend today and we discussed gas prices. We both can afford to pay the prices, BUT this is such a wake up call...we will be discussing again with our kids the importance of fuel conservation. No unneccessary driving...turn the lights off!
 
Sueshore said:
I was talking to a friend today and we discussed gas prices. We both can afford to pay the prices, BUT this is such a wake up call...we will be discussing again with our kids the importance of fuel conservation. No unneccessary driving...turn the lights off!

Instead, how about encouraging our big oil govt to spend more money on researching alternative and renewable fuel sources.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top