• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gas installation

New posts
Gas is SO much better for cooking!

The first step is to check if gas is available in your area - I would ask your new neighbors if they have gas (don't take the realtor's word for it) or call Okaloosa Gas.

If gas is available, but not close by, you may have to pay to connect to a line.

Scooter do you know their Realtor??
 
Most plumbers can run gas lines. Start there. As far as the tanks not being allowed, I think that is a HOA issue and not an ordinance, but I may be wrong. We had one until a year ago when we finally put in central heat and air...
 
No longer allowed by whom? By law? Or deed restrictions? If law, which entity? State, county?

Most plumbers can run gas lines. Start there. As far as the tanks not being allowed, I think that is a HOA issue and not an ordinance, but I may be wrong. We had one until a year ago when we finally put in central heat and air...

I believe buried tanks are restricted by the DEP. As to otherwise it would most likely be covenants and restrictions. Hence the lack of gas appliances in North Seacrest.
 
The tank I have and the one I am suggesting for a gas stove is not buried. It sits on top of the ground. Looks like a fat silver sausage sitting sideways on little bitty legs. A three foot high fence will conceal it from view. :cool:
 
The tank I have and the one I am suggesting for a gas stove is not buried. It sits on top of the ground. Looks like a fat silver sausage sitting sideways on little bitty legs. A three foot high fence will conceal it from view. :cool:

Yes I'm familiar with those, after checking though they are prohibited in most "planned" communities in sowal.
 
Call Ken's Gas. ( 850-897-4149 ) That's who I've used in the past to run my gas lines and service to the street. Okaloosa gas takes it from there and ties it in. (As long as there is a supply line near your house.)
 
We use gas for our stove only. And we just use the small tanks that I can put in the truck and take to ACE and have refilled. I'm sure tanks come in a variety of sizes and if you're only using it for cooking, the little ones last about a month, month & half. We have three so we always have a back up in case one runs out. :wave:
 
We got Okaloosa Gas to run a line to a meter at the house. Then the contractor ran a line to the kitchen and one to the pool heater.

However, it could be that Okaloosa Gas doesn't have service in your neighborhood.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top