• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gas Powered Golf Carts - Noisy!

New posts

Carleen Newell

Beach Crab
Does anyone find it annoying and rude to hear gas powered golf carts roaming up and down the roads at all hours of the night? Is there any noise ordinance that would prohibit this traffic after 10:00 PM? Some folks need to sleep at night so they can go to work. I think only electric carts should be permitted in residential areas.
 
Most locals think golf carts are rude period and should never have been allowed. Apparently members of the BCC are involved in the business. And beach vending - another big issue.

We have a noise ordinance but I think Walton County officials would laugh at you for complaining about road noise. Especially in Miramar Beach. [Don't get me started on the waves of window-shaking Harleys that come through.] :cuss:
 
FL Statute 316.212

(5) A golf cart may be operated only during the hours between sunrise and sunset, unless the responsible governmental entity has determined that a golf cart may be operated during the hours between sunset and sunrise and the golf cart is equipped with headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and a windshield
 
Would like to say, as a non resident, but a 30 yr. visitor and a south al. Home owner. I recently put on the wanted forum that I would like to rent from a local, a golf cart for an upcoming trip. After reading the thoughts of the golf cart impact on the area, I feel your pain, and now wish to recant. 30A and all neighboring areas are being as bombarded as is my on hometown! What was I thinking? Good luck with this, and other current beach acess curtosy issues. I will continue to visit, as I hope others will. We are here as you're guest, thank you! Diane
 
Would like to say, as a non resident, but a 30 yr. visitor and a south al. Home owner. I recently put on the wanted forum that I would like to rent from a local, a golf cart for an upcoming trip. After reading the thoughts of the golf cart impact on the area, I feel your pain, and now wish to recant. 30A and all neighboring areas are being as bombarded as is my on hometown! What was I thinking? Good luck with this, and other current beach acess curtosy issues. I will continue to visit, as I hope others will. We are here as you're guest, thank you! Diane
Hi Diane, Thank you for your reply and concern for what we go through as homeowners and residents of South Walton. Although, we appreciate all the folks that want to visit our area, we just wish they would have more respect for our property and our livelihood. We love where we live. Carleen
 
If you think golf carts are noisy, you'll love it this week with thousands of Harleys in our area during Thunder Beach.
 
I understand wannabe badass but I've never understood people who want to be assholes.
So everyone who rides motorcycles are assholes? Frankly, I think a lot of bicyclists are assholes, especially the ones who ride along 30a in front of traffic and slow it down. What are the bike paths for? Maybe some people don't share your likes and values.
 
So everyone who rides motorcycles are assholes? Frankly, I think a lot of bicyclists are assholes, especially the ones who ride along 30a in front of traffic and slow it down. What are the bike paths for? Maybe some people don't share your likes and values.
Loud bikes that rattle the teeth are an offense to society.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top