• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gas Prices

New posts
jdarg said:
My SUV most certainly does NOT have a "W" sticker on it!!

I can vouch for jdarg's Extra Large SoWal sticker. :clap_1: I want one for my car--mine's only "standard issue" size. :(
 
Sueshore said:
White Volvo...where you been Rita?

Working! :bang: It's that season ............. Plus I feel a bit guilty getting on much in the eves because daughter gave up Xanga and Myspace for Lent. :(

She asked me what I was giving up (I'm sure she wanted me to say SoWalling - :floor: -- I said I'd just try to be a better person. (Couldn't give up SoWal! - Shhhh)
 
Ocean Lover & Lady - Civic is high on the list. Hadn't checked mileage numbers though. Do the newer cars get better mileage than the 2000 - 2003?

We've driven Accords and love them. In fact that's what we would be getting rid of because it's a 5-speed (less to have to concentrate on for her early in the learning stages - She can learn manual later on).
 
Smiling JOe said:
Now where did Jdarg get an Extra Large SoWal sticker?

It is nice to know people that appreciate the importance of a well placed sticker on the car. :D Yes, my car looks amazing now. The sticker really comes in handy at Target since every other parking space has a tan Yukon just like mine.:roll: I don't have to try and unlock other people's cars anymore- I can find mine right away!
 
Rita said:
Ocean Lover & Lady - Civic is high on the list. Hadn't checked mileage numbers though. Do the newer cars get better mileage than the 2000 - 2003?

I haven't checked lately but before I had kids in the early 90's I drove a civic and it got great gas mileage so I assume it's the same or better. I sold my little red civic for more than half of what I paid for it and it was 6 years old.
 
Rita said:
Ocean Lover & Lady - Civic is high on the list. Hadn't checked mileage numbers though. Do the newer cars get better mileage than the 2000 - 2003?

We've driven Accords and love them. In fact that's what we would be getting rid of because it's a 5-speed (less to have to concentrate on for her early in the learning stages - She can learn manual later on).

WH_hybrid_34FRONT.jpg

The Accord Hybrid claims EPA Mileage Estimates of 25/34. They could have done even better if they had not juiced it up with 250+ horse power. I guess they didn't want customers to get turned off by a wimpy hybrid engine. I have driven one, and it is a cool little car and fun to drive. I am a big fan of Honda. Base sticker price for this car is around $30K new, and you will get a tax write off of maybe $2000.
 
Smiling JOe said:
WH_hybrid_34FRONT.jpg

The Accord Hybrid claims EPA Mileage Estimates of 25/34. They could have done even better if they had not juiced it up with 250+ horse power. I guess they didn't want customers to get turned off by a wimpy hybrid engine. I have driven one, and it is a cool little car and fun to drive. I am a big fan of Honda. Base sticker price for this car is around $30K new, and you will get a tax write off of maybe $2000.

You've got to be kidding! :shock:

That's the best they can do with hybrid mileage? I get 24 mpg city with my '93 Accord Wagon! What's wrong with this picture? :pissed:
 
Rita said:
You've got to be kidding! :shock:

That's the best they can do with hybrid mileage? I get 24 mpg city with my '93 Accord Wagon! What's wrong with this picture? :pissed:
Your 93 Accord Wagon didn't/doesn't have 250 hp, more like 170 hp. It takes burns more fuel when you get more hp. If this Accord was equipped with 170hp engine, you would probably get closer to 35/45 mpg.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top