• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gas Shortage

New posts

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
My wife just called and said there is no gas in Seagrove. She's trying to drive back to St. Louis tomorrow early. Does anyone know abour gas availability in neighboring towns?
 
STL Don said:
My wife just called and said there is no gas in Seagrove. She's trying to drive back to St. Louis tomorrow early. Does anyone know abour gas availability in neighboring towns?

Late this afternoon, gas 87 octane only, was available at the Tom Thumb in Dune Allen, toward west end of 30-A. Tom Thumb at 331/98 was pumping Diesel only.
 
We just came back from Grove By The Sea(to Nashvegas). Didn't stop until Andalusia but there they only had 87 octane available. By B'ham, all octanes were available. I think that 87 will definitely be available in DeFuniak Springs, as it is on I-10, but I didn't stop so I can't swear to it.
 
87 in Freeport tonight, been that way for a day.
 
Big thanks to Smiling Joe! Late Saturday afternoon I tried to buy gas for my return trip to STL in Seagrove but they were out of gas. I called a couple of stations but was unsuccessful. I called my husband back in STL and asked him to get online here and see if he could find gas for me.
Smiling Joe saved me by recommending Dune Allen.
I was telling my friend how this website performs community service, storm damage updates, checks on peoples' homes after a hurricane, and the time the locals share to keep the out of towners informed, etc.
Thanks to all who help especially SJ!
Have a great day!
 
Nice work SJ and the other locals for helping. I too have found that when wondering something about SoWal that I quickly turn to sowal.com and the great locals and non locals for information.

Kurt what an awesome site and service to all who access. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

I'm sure jfrances was so relieved when she got word on where to find gas for the trip back home to St Louie. Kudos to all. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
 
jfrances said:
Big thanks to Smiling Joe! Late Saturday afternoon I tried to buy gas for my return trip to STL in Seagrove but they were out of gas. I called a couple of stations but was unsuccessful. I called my husband back in STL and asked him to get online here and see if he could find gas for me.
Smiling Joe saved me by recommending Dune Allen.
I was telling my friend how this website performs community service, storm damage updates, checks on peoples' homes after a hurricane, and the time the locals share to keep the out of towners informed, etc.
Thanks to all who help especially SJ!
Have a great day!


:D What a nice post! And so true. I've found this bunch of people to be more informative than most of my google searches for info (and quicker!) :clap_1:
 
jfrances,
That is a very kind note. Thank you. Glad I was able to help you. Hope you had a great time at the beach:D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top