• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gifts for Easter???

New posts
We got candy when we were little kiddos, but when I got to college Mom started sending me gifts for Easter. Little stuff, though--like a movie or a book.

Of course my birthday is always near Easter, so it's usually like a birthday appetizer.
 
DD, I'm sorry, but that's just a little funny.:wub: :biggrin:

:bang:Damn dog. I had to bake a whole new cake mix. But, I guess the silver lining is that I ended up with a three layer cake instead of two. I'm glad you were amused. :lol:
 
:bang:Damn dog. I had to bake a whole new cake mix. But, I guess the silver lining is that I ended up with a three layer cake instead of two. I'm glad you were amused. :lol:

But not in a funny haha way. In a little giggle I can't believe that happened way, with lots of :wub:

I'm sorry. I'm weird:blush:
 
But not in a funny haha way. In a little giggle I can't believe that happened way, with lots of :wub:

I'm sorry. I'm weird:blush:

:wub:I put that laughing smiley so you'd know I was kidding!! I knew what you meant. Sometimes I hate conversing by text. :wave:
 
When I was a kid, we always died eggs to hide, and the Easter Bunny would hide a few more plastic eggs, filled with something like jelly beans or other candy. At Grandma's house next door, the Easter Bunny would hide a few more plastic eggs, and on occasion, some big plastic eggs, maybe enough for one for each kid, filled with a one or five dollar bill. That's was it, and we had a blast. I don't even remember eating the candy. I just enjoyed finding the eggs and filling my Easter Basket. The entire egg hunt had nothing to do with the rising of Christ, except for the symbolism of the egg representing the birth of Christ. However, Easter always seemed more like a Christian Holiday than Christmas did, due to dressing up in our new Easter clothes and going to church. In some ways, I guess you should load your kids up on the toys like Christmas, because Easter is like a redo of the birth of Jesus. I'm out of the whole religious thing, and think much of it seems to forget the reasons of why Christianity was started in the first place, but I say that if giving presents to your kids puts a smile on your face, or theirs, go for it. If nothing else, it makes for great photos.
 
I absolutely loved the hollow chocolate Easter bunnies. I agree with SJ on the more religious feeling of Easter. Out came the clip-on bow-tie and saddle shoes. My Dad did used to tell me that the Easter Bunny was going to take my wubbie blanket with him when he passed through. I began to dread the Rabbit's coming. :lol:
 
I always did the TONS of candy for my kids. And it was the one day that I let them wake up and stuff as much candy as they could possibly eat in before eating anything else. It didnt take long for them to be sick to their stomachs and not want to even LOOK at another piece of candy.As the years went by, the baskets became smaller and smaller and they didnt seem to mind. But I always did add some little toy to their baskets, usually a stuffed bunny and some of those little obnoxious hopping animals. This year I made sure I had them each a small chocolate bunny (still sitting on the counter) but the hopping animals are some kind of little M&M holders that have a hat with ears on them. The DID eat the M&Ms tho. Funny story: I knew they didnt really care or believe anymore when I heard them giggling one Easter morning and came in the kitchen to find them blowing up the Peeps from their baskets in the microwave.
 
Last edited:
Little IBD had a great Easter Day. It was beautiful on the Diversion canal watching all the boats (some big ones :shock: ) go by.

She did not get much candy from the EB but little pet shop pets, bath confetti, a very very very large and long rainbow colored caterpillar, paint set and paper doll kit - 2008 style. She hunted eggs with her cousin and several other kids in the neighborhood.

I hope that everyone else had a great day as we did!!!!

(even though I really missed Eden)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top