• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Glass Recycling

New posts

Bethdilint

Beach Lover
I noticed they have crossed out "Glass" on the recycling bins that before took glass in the same bin as the cans. Does anyone know why Walton County is no longer recycling glass? I would think with restaurant businesses here that would be their main recyclable. I can go almost anywhere in the world and glass is being recycled it doesn't make any sense. My daughter lives in Daphne AL and they recycle / sort brown glass, green glass, clear glass.​
 
They stopped awhile ago. Something about having to find a new contractor to handle glass. It was long ago enough that it should have been done by now. Anyone know if it was done?
 
Glass recycling has existed since Lassie was a puppy for gosh sakes! I quit recycling anything since glass was 80% of what I recycled!
 
One problem is that a lot of people aren't interested in recycling. In the recycling bin I've used, people used to dump their garbage in. It needs to be a cooperative effort. And I don't think Walton county's elected officials have any interest in recycling.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top