• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Going it alone in Santa Rosa!

New posts
I'm in SoWal fairly frequently by myself ... well, actually with my dog. In the daytime I go to Red Bar (don't wanna go at night -- I attract perverts -- not meant to imply that Red Bar is full of perverts, but it is funky :funn:). At night I like to dine at the bar at Borago. There are TVs there, so even if no one friendly is sitting near you and the bartenders are busy, you can watch TV and keep yourself occupied without having to read a book (don't slam me y'all on this one -- I know I have been overruled on this issue :biggrin:).
 
Hi, I will be vacationing for a week by myself down in Santa Rosa June 14-20, and I needed some advice on where to hang out and meet locals and make new friends. I had planned the trip with my boyfriend, but we broke up, and I still want my vacation! So, alas, I will be alone. Any suggestions? Thanks!


I was there at Christmas alone and enjoyed it. It was kinda nice because I could do whatever I wanted to do without considering anyone elses plans. I went to the Red Bar, Bud and Alleys, Courtyard Wine Bar...shopping...and of course the beach....I never felt totally alone it was grayt! Have funn!:D
 
Hey!!!! I have several kids that you can borrow. They will keep you company, keep you active. You will never be alone. I have a million things that I can do in Sowal by myself while the kids are with you. It is a WIN WIN situation.
 
Hey!!!! I have several kids that you can borrow. They will keep you company, keep you active. You will never be alone. I have a million things that I can do in Sowal by myself while the kids are with you. It is a WIN WIN situation.

Such a generous offer!:funn:
 
Hey!!!! I have several kids that you can borrow. They will keep you company, keep you active. You will never be alone. I have a million things that I can do in Sowal by myself while the kids are with you. It is a WIN WIN situation.

Danger Will Robinson!!

Check out bluemtnrunner's other threads before taking this offer. :biggrin:
 
On your own!

My husband and I got to the beach together but he bums in the condo and works on the computer a lot during our stays and I always enjoy myself on the beach. I like to piddle around the shops and galleries all up and down 30 A and hit the outlet mall in Destin. There's a new shopping/dining area in Sandestin right on Hwy 98 as well. Bud and Alley's upper deck would be a good place to meet folks as well as the wine bar in Seaside.

A vacation all to myself, that sounds sooooo cooooool! Rock it girl!
 
The outlet mall is in Miramar Beach near Sandestin, not Destin, just so you don't get confused. Destin is the city over in Okaloosa County, not in SoWal at all. Silver Sands is a cool and safe place to go by yourself. Right now a lot of locals are trying out the Friday evening hospitality at Redfish Village. Tuesday night is Martini Night at Cafe 30 A. A local standard. Have fun.
 
me too, just sitting here thinking that very thing.

I'm going to Grayton Beach and will be in a house with 20! members of my family. it would be such a different experience alone or just with the immediate family!

Head over to Salty Dogs for Music after 8:00. Should be a good time!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top