• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

golf cart use

New posts
John R.,

Chill. Read the other thread to see my position. I have no problem obeying the law if it is enforced. My house is south of 30-A, I have no intention of going on the bike path or 30-A. For the last year, I have watched owners and renters from the development north of 30-A drive down the bike path (east and west) and Gulfview Heights Drive with reckless abandon.

If the law is not enforced, I will use my cart. Until very recently, it was not enforced. If the law is enforced, I will be selling my golf cart.......

Who is going to tell the new Draper Lake Development that they are building a Golf Cart Parking area that is not accessible by their golf carts ??? That will be an interesting meeting.
 
Rather B. Paddlin said:
John R.,

Chill. Read the other thread to see my position. I have no problem obeying the law if it is enforced. My house is south of 30-A, I have no intention of going on the bike path or 30-A. For the last year, I have watched owners and renters from the development north of 30-A drive down the bike path (east and west) and Gulfview Heights Drive with reckless abandon.

If the law is not enforced, I will use my cart. Until very recently, it was not enforced. If the law is enforced, I will be selling my golf cart.......

Who is going to tell the new Draper Lake Development that they are building a Golf Cart Parking area that is not accessible by their golf carts ??? That will be an interesting meeting.
:eek:

:shock:

:confused:

:scratch:

:nono1:

:whack:

:bang:
 
Rather B. Paddlin said:
I am coming down for two weeks. What is the latest on golf cart use? Are the laws being enforced and fines being levied? Is it ok to use the cart on the side streets off of 30-A ? Are the public beach accesses being checked? Specifically up around Gulf Place and Goat Feathers. I know the laws. I am not trying to start a debate, just trying to get the latest information. Any help would be appreciated.

:welcome:
 
Rather B. Paddlin said:
John R.,

Chill.

ok, i have my winter coat on now


Rather B. Paddlin said:
Read the other thread to see my position.


this position from the other thread?

Rather B. Paddlin said:
...But the bottom line is it is illegal for golf carts to be on the road or bike path. Golf carts are made for golf courses. How many golf courses let you drive your car on the course?



or this position, from this thread?

Rather B. Paddlin said:
I have no problem obeying the law if it is enforced.



Rather B. Paddlin said:
My house is south of 30-A, I have no intention of going on the bike path or 30-A.

that's comforting.



Rather B. Paddlin said:
For the last year, I have watched owners and renters from the development north of 30-A drive down the bike path (east and west) and Gulfview Heights Drive with reckless abandon.

hopefully that would enforce your position not to use your cart on a public right of way



Rather B. Paddlin said:
If the law is not enforced, I will use my cart. Until very recently, it was not enforced. If the law is enforced, I will be selling my golf cart.......

i'm losing track of your position... but i'll try to summarize: yes, it's the law, yes you know how dangerous it can be, and yes you will use your cart potentially adding to the dangerous environment.



Rather B. Paddlin said:
Who is going to tell the new Draper Lake Development that they are building a Golf Cart Parking area that is not accessible by their golf carts ??? That will be an interesting meeting.

i agree, it's not like local developers aren't aware of the law. it should be quite an interesting meeting, too bad non owners won't be around to hear it.

my AC is crankin' ;-)
 
RBP, remember that you set an example. If others know you are selling your cart because you can legally ride only in your neighborhood, they may follow your example. On the other hand, if people see you riding it in the road or down the right of way, or bike path, they may also follow your guidance. Start with yourself and show people the way. ;-)
 
on the east end of 30-a there has been a man that drives a topless golf cart on the bikepath!!! He had kids all over it and I even witnessed him pulling out on 30-a and stopping traffic with his kids on the cart. Hellllllo 30-A is a real road.....I later saw the same goof ball cruising in front of Rosemary with loads of groceries...did he go to Publix???:floor: I wanted to stop and explain the rules but figured I would get my head chopped off...
 
Can scooters be used on the bike path or the road?. Electric ones that only seat one person? Something like this? I know it looks like a toilet seat, but it's actually a cooler built in.
 
Last edited:
Cool idea.................but once again any motorized vehicle driven "on" 30-A or any county/state road must have a registered license plate and lights. Any motorized vehicle driven "on" the bike path is "prohibited."
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top