• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Golf carts on our roads

New posts
I have given up getting upset about the damn golf carts (a damn golf cart is AKA an LSV or street legal golf cart, not to be confused with golf carts, which are benign vehicles ferrying Michelob Ultra sippers around the links). At this point I'm thinking I might want one, too, if for no other reason than that parking one illegally at our beach access seems to be tolerated and would make my life easier.

All I would ask the county to consider, since the genie is out of the bottle and never going back in, is to build damn golf cart pull over spaces every few hundred yards or so on the long stretches of 30A where they gum up car traffic and contribute to road rage. If they could pull over and allow traffic that is capable of maintaining a speed within five MPH of the posted speed limits to pass, I think everyone would be much happier.
 
I have given up getting upset about the damn golf carts (a damn golf cart is AKA an LSV or street legal golf cart, not to be confused with golf carts, which are benign vehicles ferrying Michelob Ultra sippers around the links). At this point I'm thinking I might want one, too, if for no other reason than that parking one illegally at our beach access seems to be tolerated and would make my life easier.

All I would ask the county to consider, since the genie is out of the bottle and never going back in, is to build damn golf cart pull over spaces every few hundred yards or so on the long stretches of 30A where they gum up car traffic and contribute to road rage. If they could pull over and allow traffic that is capable of maintaining a speed within five MPH of the posted speed limits to pass, I think everyone would be much happier.
Absolutely, 100% agree on this. If you are impeding the flow of traffic pull over and let them pass. You too cyclists.
 
I have given up getting upset about the damn golf carts (a damn golf cart is AKA an LSV or street legal golf cart, not to be confused with golf carts, which are benign vehicles ferrying Michelob Ultra sippers around the links). At this point I'm thinking I might want one, too, if for no other reason than that parking one illegally at our beach access seems to be tolerated and would make my life easier.

All I would ask the county to consider, since the genie is out of the bottle and never going back in, is to build damn golf cart pull over spaces every few hundred yards or so on the long stretches of 30A where they gum up car traffic and contribute to road rage. If they could pull over and allow traffic that is capable of maintaining a speed within five MPH of the posted speed limits to pass, I think everyone would be much happier.
A golf cart is a golf cart. Call it whatever you want but it is a golf cart.

And don't give in to the dark side.
 
I have given up getting upset about the damn golf carts (a damn golf cart is AKA an LSV or street legal golf cart, not to be confused with golf carts, which are benign vehicles ferrying Michelob Ultra sippers around the links). At this point I'm thinking I might want one, too, if for no other reason than that parking one illegally at our beach access seems to be tolerated and would make my life easier.

All I would ask the county to consider, since the genie is out of the bottle and never going back in, is to build damn golf cart pull over spaces every few hundred yards or so on the long stretches of 30A where they gum up car traffic and contribute to road rage. If they could pull over and allow traffic that is capable of maintaining a speed within five MPH of the posted speed limits to pass, I think everyone would be much happier.

That is a great idea with the pull overs. but you gotta be realistic. These yeahoos are on vacation and the last think they do is think. So do you really think they would actually pull over to let traffic pass?
 
That is a great idea with the pull overs. but you gotta be realistic. These yeahoos are on vacation and the last think they do is think. So do you really think they would actually pull over to let traffic pass?
It helps if you lean on your horn and don't stop.
 
There was some connection with the speed limits being lowered on 30A to allow the carts and someone in power at the county level. I dont recall, but can someone shed some sunshine on this?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top