• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Good Place To Live?

New posts

zero3computers

Beach Comber
Can anyone give any pointers about where a moderately placed area to move to would be. I have kids that will be starting school in a few years and I would like them to start in FL.

If I am lucky, I will get to move before then but for the time being...where should I start looking to get ball park figures about the prices, school systems, family fun, and nightlife for the wife and myself.
 
Can anyone give any pointers about where a moderately placed area to move to would be. I have kids that will be starting school in a few years and I would like them to start in FL.

If I am lucky, I will get to move before then but for the time being...where should I start looking to get ball park figures about the prices, school systems, family fun, and nightlife for the wife and myself.

That's a pretty broad question as I have discovered moderate pricing has different meaning depending on where you are from. Feel free to call and I can share my history of living in the SoWAl area for over 30 years.
850-865-7798
 
Hi, zero! My suggestion would be to carefully research Ft. Walton Beach before settling there. I'm lucky to live in south Walton, but I've worked in Ft Walton for many years. There are some pretty areas there, but the crime rates are alarming. Some coworkers are astounded that I make the long drive to work, but the quality of life improves to the east (or west-many of my coworkers live in Navarre and love it) of Ft Walton, in my opinion. Let me know if I can provide other details... Good luck!
 
Can anyone give any pointers about where a moderately placed area to move to would be. I have kids that will be starting school in a few years and I would like them to start in FL.

If I am lucky, I will get to move before then but for the time being...where should I start looking to get ball park figures about the prices, school systems, family fun, and nightlife for the wife and myself.

Zero check out niceville. We lived there 25 years until kids went off to college. Best schools and athletics in the area. Very little crime. Sowal is our midlife crisis and we love it. But wouldn't trade the education our kids got in niceville.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top