• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Goodbye To Lee's Chicken

New posts
Moe's in Gran Blvd? No.......waaahhhhh- they have great salsa.

I've wondered for the past couple years how they stayed in business for so long. I never saw more than a handul of people there at one time. You could tell that a lot of their food was sitting for a while without being touched. I think location did them in. They were burried in that corner, and unless you already knew they were there you would never find them unless you stumbled upon them...
 
I've wondered for the past couple years how they stayed in business for so long. I never saw more than a handul of people there at one time. You could tell that a lot of their food was sitting for a while without being touched. I think location did them in. They were burried in that corner, and unless you already knew they were there you would never find them unless you stumbled upon them...

Yep.
 
wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the worst news I've heard! I adore Lee's Famous Fried Chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I was sad when I went to Quizno's by publix/98 for a hot sandwich and its doors were closed.
 
yeah and I almost cried when I went to Silver Sands over the Christmas holiday and Camille's was closed! I loved that place and the food was so fresh and the staff so happy and friendly....:(
 
Wow, hearing of the continued loss of so many places I know makes me appreciate the stability of my current locale. I've only heard of one restaurant in our area close in the past year and that was because they were moving. Then again, our area is primarily supported by the military and not as much tourism.
 
Taste of Oz closed too? Jenny?
(edited...perhaps I should read all the threads first)

And Lee's...:(

Please tell me Delta Kitchen in Freeport is still open...
 
Last edited:
yeah and I almost cried when I went to Silver Sands over the Christmas holiday and Camille's was closed! I loved that place and the food was so fresh and the staff so happy and friendly....:(


I loved Camille's too. Wonder if they are closed nationally?
 
yeah and I almost cried when I went to Silver Sands over the Christmas holiday and Camille's was closed! I loved that place and the food was so fresh and the staff so happy and friendly....:(

I loved Camille's too. Wonder if they are closed nationally?

Isn't that the same as the Camille's on old 98? If so I had no idea they were a national chain. :idontno: I think I'm confused.
 
Moe's closed to. I was told by a few of the food a liquor reps that an average of 4 restaurants a week are closing. That of course is a guestimation.


That is the same number the rest association lady used last week. Said that the number of closures in this part of Florida was unprecedented. This just is not making a lot of sense if traffic and tourism and bed tax collections are remaining higher than last year. The grocery stores must be doing really well this round.
 
yeah and I almost cried when I went to Silver Sands over the Christmas holiday and Camille's was closed! I loved that place and the food was so fresh and the staff so happy and friendly....:(
From Dec 18 issue of the FWB Mullet Wrapper:

More changes in store at Silver Sands

MIRAMAR BEACH - Howard Group representatives said this week there will be more tenant changes at Silver Sands Factory Stores and cited several reasons for the shuffle.

Last week, KB Toys announced company-wide liquidation and Camille's Sidewalk Cafe has closed after a five-year run.

Angela Triplett, public relations manager for Howard Group, said the closings were a "franchise decision" and were not expected,
Geoffrey Beene and Lenox Factory Outlet are scheduled to leave at the end of the year and Big Dog will close at the end of February.

In the case of Big Dog and Lenox, the leases were not being renewed, Triplett said. Beene's departure has to do with a licensing agreement that is ending with Van Heusen, but Van Heusen's store at Silver Sands will remain open.

"It's a typical cycle," said Myra Williams, vice president of marketing for Howard Group. "There are tenants who are pursuing us and ones we are pursuing."

Howard Group owns and operates Silver Sands. The company recently announced plans for a $1 million "enhancement project" that will start early next year. In addition, renovations and expansions at Silver Sands in 2009 will involve Reebok, Rockport, Cole Hahn, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Coach and J. Crew. All of those stores are liquidating their inventories in anticipation of the interior renovations, Williams and Triplett said.
--------------------------------

Myra thinks it's a "typical cycle" :roll:....quick someone--sell her a preconstruction condo!

.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top