• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Got snow?

New posts
Flurried here for several hours yesterday but did not stick. Had some sleet last night that changed to snow late and had snow overnight that provided just a dusting. But most is gone now. Had from flurries to a fine snow today on and off with nothing sticking though.
 
I would like a White Christmas but don't want 3 feet of snow ever. The most I remember seeing at one time when growing up was 14 inches of snow in Knoxville when I was around 4 years old. We have had 6 to 7 inches of snow here at a time during the past two winters, if I recall correctly, but that is enough for me. And many people here don't know how to drive in normal weather, much less rain/and or snow.
 
Last edited:
I live in Ky , and we got somewhere around 6 inches. It's weird,but everyone else around us got about 4 or less. It is the first white Christmas we've had here in 17 years. It's really pretty, but I am ready for warmer weather already! I guess that's why I love Florida so much!
 
This system did it's usual with us here in Memphis, most of the time the system stays north of us or dips just to the south of us and we get nothing or very little as was the case this time. Northwest Tn to Middle Tennessee got snow, and south of us in Northeast and Central Mississippi around Oxford and Bruce got snow. But we have been lucking up the past two or three years with one good snow a year.
 
We are in N.E. Ga. We got about 3 inches of snow that started about 5 pm. The roads are clear and we didn't lose power. Those two things make me very happy!
 
I have a friend in Blairsville, GA., they had 5 1/2 inches of snow by 5:00 last night and I think it was still snowing around 10:00. Their power had been flickering on and off all day yesterday. And they don't have a generator either. Don't know if they had more today. I just checked facebook and she posted 5 minutes ago that it is 21 degrees and still snowing. I am sure she will let me know how much more they have gotten since yesterday.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top