• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Got stopped by code enforcement - dogs on the beach

New posts

Lesley Tarrance

Beach Comber
I was walking on the beach as I do every afternoon , with my dog we use the beach access by Stallworth Preserve just of Bishop., I have a permit and have had code enforcement check us no problem but tonight I was informed by code that I could not walk that stretch of beach with my dog because it was owned by the homeowners and their was a new rule that prohibits dogs even staying with in the 15 feet of the water line is this true, no code officer has ever said anything just last week we were checked and the officer did not say anything .
 
Last edited:
Pretty sure that homeowners have no say over anything within the mean high tide water line. I bet they have that wrong...
 
Unless somebody else can produce it the only ordinance on the code enforcement page says what I thought...
"Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to apply to a property owner of the sandy
area next to the mean high tide which would interfere with said owner’s right to have
their own animal on said property.
"
So...they have a say on their sandy area but not below if I'm reading this right, and I don't think they can enforce an unpublished ordinance if it even exists...
 
I was walking on the beach as I do every afternoon , with my dog we use the beach access by Stallworth Preserve just of Bishop., I have a permit and have had code enforcement check us no problem but tonight I was informed by code that I could not walk that stretch of beach with my dog because it was owned by the homeowners and their was a new rule that prohibits dogs even staying with in the 15 feet of the water line is this true, no code officer has ever said anything just last week we were checked and the officer did not say anything .
Doesn't sound right.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top