• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grayton Beach Post Card

New posts

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Ok, here is another old 50's postcard, and on back it reads, "Western Lake and Cottages At Grayton Beach, Florida. The ideal spot for a Family vacation. Swimming, boating, water skiing and loafing in the sun.

I can tell its taken while looking just over a dune, but in my mind I can not place where it was taken from.
 
Ok, here is another old 50's postcard, and on back it reads, "Western Lake and Cottages At Grayton Beach, Florida. The ideal spot for a Family vacation. Swimming, boating, water skiing and loafing in the sun.

I can tell its taken while looking just over a dune, but in my mind I can not place where it was taken from.

:wub:
 
Ok, here is another old 50's postcard, and on back it reads, "Western Lake and Cottages At Grayton Beach, Florida. The ideal spot for a Family vacation. Swimming, boating, water skiing and loafing in the sun.

I can tell its taken while looking just over a dune, but in my mind I can not place where it was taken from.
I never saw that one either. We had 3 when I was growing up, Western Lake with docks, beach with dunes, and lonesome pine. I'll have to scan one when I find one.
 
Pre Pre hurricanes...the landscape has altered???:idontno:
 
The good old days. I can only imagine the simple beauty. Thanks for sharing.
 
If that was in the 50's...CR-30-A didn't exist...so could've been on a dune back
in the 'woods' (remember those?) looking south, or so'westerly.
dunno...
 
That's true...I think the part about "cottages" is throwing me off about where it is. Part of Grayton Beach State Park, maybe? :idontno: That is where 30-A used to end and as far as I knew, that's where all roads stopped. I don't know when it became a State Park, as it has been one since at least the late 1960's.
 
That's true...I think the part about "cottages" is throwing me off about where it is. Part of Grayton Beach State Park, maybe? :idontno: That is where 30-A used to end and as far as I knew, that's where all roads stopped. I don't know when it became a State Park, as it has been one since at least the late 1960's.
It was like 1969 or 70 when they finished the bridge to Seagrove and C-30 opended up.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top