• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grayton Beach Shuttle Workshop Sep 15, 2020

New posts
I wonder who is responsible for and how much the liability insurance is to run a service like this. County has mandated it but La Dolce is the one running the service. Is the county getting a discount for all the free advertising La Dolce is getting? What type of business license does La Dolce operate under? So many questions.....
PS..Just to let you know..I DID do a license search and the only thing that comes up is a beverage license. Not the type that I think would be required to haul the public around on a public street on an open vehicle. Dont you have to have like a taxi license to do that? Hope our county attorney did his homework on this.
From what I have read and from talking to shuttle drivers, they are renting the carts from LDV for $35k. The drivers are about 8 TDC employees, salaries for pilot not to exceed $24k. One driver said that LDV was loaning them a tent until the TDC received theirs which is on order. I do find it odd that hardly anyone knew about it and that it was brought up and approved in a meeting and then started the next day. Seems to be a deal made by the Grayton Neighborhood Association and their friends on the BCC. I don't blame residents for wanting to reduce traffic or for business owners to get a free shuttle, but all or nothing is quite drastic. There was a meeting the other day including the Zoo Gallery who was blindsided but don't know what happened or who was there.
 
I get the no parking, even if you left the existing parking you'd have a permanent traffic jam circling and waiting for parking as has been the case for years. Entitled tourists won't ride a golf cart if they can circle endlessly waiting on a spot to open.
 
Are the 3-4 spots by the boat launch locals only? I hate to think that even if I get there at the crack of dawn that I couldn’t use the spots at the launch. Will the shuttle help me tie my kayak to the golf cart roof ? ;- )
 
Are the 3-4 spots by the boat launch locals only? I hate to think that even if I get there at the crack of dawn that I couldn’t use the spots at the launch. Will the shuttle help me tie my kayak to the golf cart roof ? ;- )
They are open spots.
 
Where do they power up the carts?
I’m sure they’re going to run out of juice running back and forth.
 
Yep. The golf carts are noisy gas things. They run all day long. For kayak launching, the 4 spots by the dock fill up fast. Nowhere else to park. So, the new way they want you to do it is:
1. Drive to the launch and put your kayak/board in.
2. Drive to the parking lot.
3. Take the shuttle back to The Red Bar.
4. Walk back down to the dock to do your kayaking/ boarding.
 
Yep. The golf carts are noisy gas things. They run all day long. For kayak launching, the 4 spots by the dock fill up fast. Nowhere else to park. So, the new way they want you to do it is:
1. Drive to the launch and put your kayak/board in.
2. Drive to the parking lot.
3. Take the shuttle back to The Red Bar.
4. Walk back down to the dock to do your kayaking/ boarding.
If I lived in Grayton I’d be pissed.
I despise unnecessary noise pollution....
 
Yep. The golf carts are noisy gas things. They run all day long. For kayak launching, the 4 spots by the dock fill up fast. Nowhere else to park. So, the new way they want you to do it is:
1. Drive to the launch and put your kayak/board in.
2. Drive to the parking lot.
3. Take the shuttle back to The Red Bar.
4. Walk back down to the dock to do your kayaking/ boarding.

Thanks Truman & Jimmy T. I'll likely go extra early , and if no dice, just put in at the State Park launch.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top