• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grayton Beach State Park Cabins

New posts

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
I would definetly recommend anyone staying there. The State Park is beautiful. The cabins are very nice. They sleep 6 comfortably. I took an air bed for our 7th person and it worked out great. The kitchen is full size, fully stocked. Linens and towels are provided. The cabins have great screened in porches and their is a gas fireplace in the living room area. A couple of things to consider. 1. There are no TV's in the cabins. It didn't bother me at all, the silence was golden. However, if you have kids, make sure they have plenty of activities to keep them occupied. 2. Depending on where you are in the park, it is a 1 mile to 1/4 mile trek to the beach. There is is however a parking area at the the boardwalk that you can drive to, to lug your stuff to the beach. It is a nice walk to the beach. The beach itself is breathtaking. Not, crowded at all. Oh, and the cabins do have grills outback. The one thing that I missed the most by being so far away from the beach, is not being able to hear the waves rolling in. Monday night though the wind was blowing just right and I did get to hear it for a little while. The stars were brilliant and beautiful. If you have any questions just post away and I will be happy to answer them for you if I can!!!!!!
 
that sounds wonderful kdw - except i would be crazy without my internet ! i am glad you had a good time !
 
It's probably a good thing I don't have a laptop. At least when I'm at the beach I get up in the morning and walk instead of get up and get on sowal. Of course part of that walk with be to Beach Java or Miss Lucille's.;-)
Good info on the cabins though. I'm sure it will be helpful to someone in the future. The state park beach is my personal favorite.
:wub:
PICT1627.JPG
 
I would definetly recommend anyone staying there. The State Park is beautiful. The cabins are very nice. They sleep 6 comfortably. I took an air bed for our 7th person and it worked out great. The kitchen is full size, fully stocked. Linens and towels are provided. The cabins have great screened in porches and their is a gas fireplace in the living room area. A couple of things to consider. 1. There are no TV's in the cabins. It didn't bother me at all, the silence was golden. However, if you have kids, make sure they have plenty of activities to keep them occupied. 2. Depending on where you are in the park, it is a 1 mile to 1/4 mile trek to the beach. There is is however a parking area at the the boardwalk that you can drive to, to lug your stuff to the beach. It is a nice walk to the beach. The beach itself is breathtaking. Not, crowded at all. Oh, and the cabins do have grills outback. The one thing that I missed the most by being so far away from the beach, is not being able to hear the waves rolling in. Monday night though the wind was blowing just right and I did get to hear it for a little while. The stars were brilliant and beautiful. If you have any questions just post away and I will be happy to answer them for you if I can!!!!!!


Thanks...we stayed in the campground and had wondered about the cabins. The camping area is on Western Lake and a short walk to the uncrowded beach. Do they rent daily?
 
Hi, I've wondered are some cabins locations better than others? Like more private or closer to the beach? Could u recommend some #s?Thanks Enjoyed ur recap of vacation CP
 
Good info KD, I have seen inside pictures of those cabins and was surprised how nice they were, I don't like to be that far from the beach but in a pinch they would be great!
 
Hi, I've wondered are some cabins locations better than others? Like more private or closer to the beach? Could u recommend some #s?Thanks Enjoyed ur recap of vacation CP

There are 3 "Loops" where the cabins are located. Each loop has 4 duplex cabins. Loop 3 is closer to the beach, but still a little walk. All are very secluded and private. They rent for $110.00 a night the year round. You really can't beat that price for what you get. True, you are not right on the beach, but you are certainly close enough to enjoy it everyday!!!!!
 
Good info KD, I have seen inside pictures of those cabins and was surprised how nice they were, I don't like to be that far from the beach but in a pinch they would be great!

Absolutely!!!! They are great!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top