• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grayton Sunset Get-Together

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Where is parking for Grayton Beach? We are not landowners, and therefore do not have a beach permit, however would like to join in the SoWal OMC. Also - where is Ed Walline and Gulf Place? Don't recall seeing them in 10 years of exploring. :idontno: Can't wait to get to Seagrove on Saturday!! :biggrin:
 
RiverOtter said:
Last time I was down there I parked right at the east access. No problems :cool:

Park anywhere around the Red Bar or on Garfield St south of the Red Bar. Beach access is on Garfield St. Gulf Place is at intersection of 30-A / 393. If you have not been to Ed Walline Park in the last ten years, you don't need to know about Ed Walline Park. FYI- It is also at the same intersection as Gulf Place.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Park anywhere around the Red Bar or on Garfield St south of the Red Bar. Beach access is on Garfield St. Gulf Place is at intersection of 30-A / 393. If you have not been to Ed Walline Park in the last ten years, you don't need to know about Ed Walline Park. FYI- It is also at the same intersection as Gulf Place.
Park by Charles' house in other words? BTW he and his wife are so sweet.

So, *IF* I can get my husband to be less introverted, what time do we meet?
 
Smiling JOe said:
If you have not been to Ed Walline Park in the last ten years, you don't need to know about Ed Walline Park. FYI- It is also at the same intersection as Gulf Place.
:blink: I did what I should have done to begin with and looked up Ed Walline on a Google search. We love to explore the area while we are there, but we don't usually head west because we don't "do" Destin. I didn't mean to offend you, Smiling JOe, by asking for information about the area. Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth from some of the attitudes on this message board. :(
 
Sea Star said:
:blink: I did what I should have done to begin with and looked up Ed Walline on a Google search. We love to explore the area while we are there, but we don't usually head west because we don't "do" Destin. I didn't mean to offend you, Smiling JOe, by asking for information about the area. Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth from some of the attitudes on this message board. :(

You have probably driven by it a million times, but just didn't realize what it was. :idontno: No biggie...right? :lol:
 
Sea Star said:
:blink: I did what I should have done to begin with and looked up Ed Walline on a Google search. We love to explore the area while we are there, but we don't usually head west because we don't "do" Destin. I didn't mean to offend you, Smiling JOe, by asking for information about the area. Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth from some of the attitudes on this message board. :(

Gosh, Hope I didn't offend you. I reread my post a couple of times. The last time I was down there I was in my car and could not drive on the beach so I parked at the east access just past the Red Bar and walked right out to the beach. Easy as pie :cool: . Hope you had a good sunset, wish I was there :cool:
 
Shame on you, Smiling Joe! :nono1: It's no wonder, why SS would be concerned, your comment seemed very insensitive and condescending! She has the RIGHT to decide what she does and doesn't, want to do! Maybe you're just having a tough day. Sea Star, SJ is a regular and a wealth of information, but sorry you were offended! I'm sure, that it wasn't intentional! :razz:


:(
Sea Star said:
:blink: I did what I should have done to begin with and looked up Ed Walline on a Google search. We love to explore the area while we are there, but we don't usually head west because we don't "do" Destin. I didn't mean to offend you, Smiling JOe, by asking for information about the area. Starting to get a bad taste in my mouth from some of the attitudes on this message board. :(
 
What the heck is Ed Walline anyway? We don't usually get down that way from Dune Allen.
 
Landlocked said:
What the heck is Ed Walline anyway? We don't usually get down that way from Dune Allen.

Ed Walline Park is basically a beach access in Santa Rosa Beach at the intersection of 30-A and 393, across from the old Capo's and Gulf Place (shopping, restaurants). The park/beach access is named after Ed Walline who was one of the primary county constables.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top