• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grayton Sunset Get-Together

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sea Star said:
Where is parking for Grayton Beach? We are not landowners, and therefore do not have a beach permit, however would like to join in the SoWal OMC. Also - where is Ed Walline and Gulf Place? Don't recall seeing them in 10 years of exploring. :idontno: Can't wait to get to Seagrove on Saturday!! :biggrin:
When & where is the party?
 
See "SoWal October Misery Club". It is my understanding that every one who wants to will meet at sunset on Grayton, on Saturday nights. Sounds like fun! :rolling:
 
steeleing1 said:
Ed Walline Park is basically a beach access in Santa Rosa Beach at the intersection of 30-A and 393, across from the old Capo's and Gulf Place (shopping, restaurants). The park/beach access is named after Ed Walline who was one of the primary county constables.

He also built many of the concrete block "bunker" houses in the area.
 
kurt said:
He also built many of the concrete block "bunker" houses in the area.

The brickyards? :idontno:
 
Kimmifunn said:
The brickyards? :idontno:

I'm not sure about those. I meant the concrete block ranch homes you see up and down 30-A, many of them gulf front or near gulf front. They are concentrated in Seagrove, Blue Mountain, and Dune Allen where the old communitites sprang up after WWII in the 50's.
 
iwishiwasthere said:
What is the name of the condos?

Gulf Place Caribbean (1 and 2 BR units) and Gulf Place Cabanas (smaller 1 BR units). All have hall bunks. There are other smaller condo places close by. You can get pretty decent gulf views from some of the condos and several also overlook a small "lake" where kids can try to catch frogs or whatever.
 
I certainly did not intend my language to be offensive. I simply mean that Ed Walline Park is nothing to see - just a parking lot, a couple of picknic tables with construction workers and a beach walkover that is in disrepair. You most certainly are welcome to check it out, but Grayton Beach is much prettier.

I am actually having a good day Diane4145, and I am not being snooty.

Unless Ed Walline park is a place where something special happened in your life, it is uneventful.
 
Smiling JOe said:
I certainly did not intend my language to be offensive. I simply mean that Ed Walline Park is nothing to see - just a parking lot, a couple of picknic tables with construction workers and a beach walkover that is in disrepair. Unless Ed Walline park is a place where something special happened in your life, it is uneventful.

That's the way I read it. I always read your posts while seeing your smile in my mind. Maybe she was looking at your current lizard avatar. He kind of looks like he is having a bad day. Or maybe he is staring down a fly! :lol:

On the other hand I understand how the written word can be misunderstood. I always try to take care when writing or reading messages (good advice for e-mail too).
 
Last edited:
Smiling JOe said:
I certainly did not intend my language to be offensive. I simply mean that Ed Walline Park is nothing to see - just a parking lot, a couple of picknic tables with construction workers and a beach walkover that is in disrepair. You most certainly are welcome to check it out, but Grayton Beach is much prettier.

I am actually having a good day Diane4145, and I am not being snooty.

Unless Ed Walline park is a place where something special happened in your life, it is uneventful.

SJ I took your comment just as you explained, but I decided to keep my nose out of this one! :blink:
...or, to use one of your favorites..... :popcorn: :popcorn:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top