• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

great PCB Restaurant -- Fire Fly

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Just wanted to give a plug to Fire Fly for a great dining experience. Who knew that PCB had such a thing? (not me) Good atmosphere, and surprising considering it is in a strip mall (Shops at Edgewater). Great food (upscale "casual, fine dining"). Generous portions. Good service. A little on the pricey side, but really good.

Firefly Restaurant - Panama City, Florida - Lighting a New Era in Fine Dining

Highly recommended if you are over that way, or wanted to make a special trip for a nice dinner.
 
Just wanted to give a plug to Fire Fly for a great dining experience. Who knew that PCB had such a thing? (not me) Good atmosphere, and surprising considering it is in a strip mall (Shops at Edgewater). Great food (upscale "casual, fine dining"). Generous portions. Good service. A little on the pricey side, but really good.

Firefly Restaurant - Panama City, Florida - Lighting a New Era in Fine Dining

Highly recommended if you are over that way, or wanted to make a special trip for a nice dinner.

:blink:...what did you eat?

.
 
I read an article on Firefly recently in a local magazine. It looked pretty cool inside. I am curious what you ate, too! Do tell!
 
I have to disagree. I've been three times and never gotten better than DECENT food there. There are tons of much better options in Walton Co. The only good fine dining establishment EVER in Panama City was 30 Degree Blue, and it's closed now.
...........................................................................................................



I read an article on Firefly recently in a local magazine. It looked pretty cool inside. I am curious what you ate, too! Do tell!
 
I ate Tempura fried oyster app, sampled the Buttercress salad with goat cheese and strawberries, and the Apple-wood bacon wrapped shrimp with creamy grits. All were terrific.

tide12, I'm curious to know what you ate that was so mediocre and why you went three times to an expensive restaurant, not getting better than "decent" food.

I went on the recommendation of three other SoWallers, and was very pleased. I'm not trying to compare FireFly to SoWal restaurants, as we do have several excellent choices. If you have eaten at other restaurants in PC and PCB, you will know that this one is no where in the same ballpark with the other choices.
 
It looks like these are the same people who used to run Canopies (which was just across the Hathaway Bridge). That alone makes it worth checking out for me. However, PCB does have other options for folks at the eastern end of Sowal: the Saltwater Grille, Captain's Table, Shuckums, Harpoon Harry's, Pasta Grille, and (yep!) Margaritaville, to name a few.:clap:
 
I kept hoping I'd find a menu item that I'd enjoy, so I gave them a few chances. It didn't happen, so I doubt that I'll be back. It's NOT an expensive place. At least not compared to the top end in Walton and Okaloosa Co. Seegar's, Commander's, FOOW, Cafe Provence, etc. are a lot higher.

..............................................................................................................


I ate Tempura fried oyster app, sampled the Buttercress salad with goat cheese and strawberries, and the Apple-wood bacon wrapped shrimp with creamy grits. All were terrific.

tide12, I'm curious to know what you ate that was so mediocre and why you went three times to an expensive restaurant, not getting better than "decent" food.

I went on the recommendation of three other SoWallers, and was very pleased. I'm not trying to compare FireFly to SoWal restaurants, as we do have several excellent choices. If you have eaten at other restaurants in PC and PCB, you will know that this one is no where in the same ballpark with the other choices.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top