• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Great Recipe For The Hands

New posts

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
I found this on another web site and it's great, thought I'd share.


I mixed:

1/4 cup almond oil
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup grapeseed oil

(almost any oil will do, I wanted to add vitamin E oil, but couldn't find locally. Olive, jojoba, peanut, sesame, castor or even vegetable oil are all okay. If you use more than three, than just mix up 3/4 cup of the different oils.)

Add 1/2 cup salt (I used sea salt, but table salt will do), 10 drops lemon essential oil, 10 drops peppermint essential oil. Mix well.

Scoop up a small spoonful and massage over hands, rub into cuticles for 2 to 4 minutes. Rinse well with cold water and massage the oils into your hands and cuticles. Then dab with dry cloth.

PS: put the mixture in an airtight container until used up.
 
Last edited:
I found this on another web site and it's great, thought I'd share.


I mixed:

1/4 cup almond oil
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup grapeseed oil

(almost any oil will do, I wanted to add vitamin E oil, but couldn't find locally. Olive, jojoba, peanut, sesame, castor or even vegetable oil are all okay. If you use more than three, than just mix up 3/4 cup of the different oils.)

Add 1/2 cup salt (I used sea salt, but table salt will do), 10 drops lemon essential oil, 10 drops peppermint essential oil. Mix well.

Scoop up a small spoonful and massage over hands, rub into cuticles for 2 to 4 minutes. Rinse well with cold water and massage the oils into your hands and cuticles. Then dab with dry cloth.

PS: put the mixture in an airtight container until used up.

This sounds like it might work. My hands are sooooo dry. Thanks!
 
This sounds fanytabulous, pg! :clap:Thanks for sharin' the recipe. Wonder if this is what they use at bath junkie? I bet it is. If you ever buy in there get the free hand scrub. :biggrin:
 
substitute turbinado sugar for salt - if you have ANY small cuts, etc, the salt will HURT. the sugar works great as a scrub, and most supermarkets carry it. it has just the right texture. even baby oil will work, and you can add any favorite essential oil(s). works great on feet and heels and elbows, too.

this is sold in nyc for $50 a jar - my niece lives in manhatten, and had just purchased some before she came for a visit last march. i had a jar of sugar scrub for each of my guests, and she flipped out!
 
Have never found vitamin E oil either, except in pill form. Takes forever to get the oil out and you don't get much.
 
Have never found vitamin E oil either, except in pill form. Takes forever to get the oil out and you don't get much.

I bought some at CVS today.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top