• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Green Diapers

New posts
We have a pail with a liner and I rarely have stink issues with that. As long as the lid fits well it shouldn't stink. We have the little pail deodorizers that go in it too. The thing with those Diaper Genie's and disposables is that those disposables sit in there for a loooong time. The stink really gets going in there. With cloth I've got to empty the pail every couples days.

OM... I couldn't teach someone to sew if my life depended on it, lol!! I'm a terrible, terrible teacher and not afraid to admit it.

Judah (my almost 2 y/o) is showing some signs of being ready for the potty. He's going on the potty a couple times a day, taking his diaper off every time he goes in it, and asking for new ones every 2 minutes.

I would love to do one more newborn in cloth though... it's so soft and squishy. Diapers aren't so much of a hassle when the diapers are soft and cute.
 
My little one likes the idea of having his tooshie wiped & will ask to sit on potty, but the cold seat freaks him out. He tries to wipe everyone else.:roll:

Cloth diapers for newborns are so sweet!


We have a pail with a liner and I rarely have stink issues with that. As long as the lid fits well it shouldn't stink. We have the little pail deodorizers that go in it too. The thing with those Diaper Genie's and disposables is that those disposables sit in there for a loooong time. The stink really gets going in there. With cloth I've got to empty the pail every couples days.

OM... I couldn't teach someone to sew if my life depended on it, lol!! I'm a terrible, terrible teacher and not afraid to admit it.

Judah (my almost 2 y/o) is showing some signs of being ready for the potty. He's going on the potty a couple times a day, taking his diaper off every time he goes in it, and asking for new ones every 2 minutes.

I would love to do one more newborn in cloth though... it's so soft and squishy. Diapers aren't so much of a hassle when the diapers are soft and cute.
 
Hmmmm... something that Mr. OM and I could agree on regarding diapers.... thanks for the heads up!
 
My experience with gDiapers is that they're actually more trouble than cloth. Having to pull the poopy liner out of the cover, then using the swizzle stick to smush it around while flushing the toilet multiple times trying to get it all down, was actually way more trouble than it was worth. And you've still got to wash the covers just like cloth because the liner doesn't cover the entire inside. Not to mention... where's all that Sodium Polyacrylate going? Into the water supply? Eh... I think they're gimmicky, making people think it's easier, but it really isn't.

eta: if you've never used cloth diapers though... you wouldn't know that gDiapers aren't any easier. gDiapers is just going after all the people "on the fence".
 
Last edited:
Thanks! I was looking at them & then told Mr. OM about them.... When he asked what the cost of them was going to be, I realized we were also still in the spending $$$$$ all the time for liners, which is also what we're working to get away from. It's a matter of both environmental & economic cost.

My experience with gDiapers is that they're actually more trouble than cloth. Having to pull the poopy liner out of the cover, then using the swizzle stick to smush it around while flushing the toilet multiple times trying to get it all down, was actually way more trouble than it was worth. And you've still got to wash the covers just like cloth because the liner doesn't cover the entire inside. Not to mention... where's all that Sodium Polyacrylate going? Into the water supply? Eh... I think they're gimmicky, making people think it's easier, but it really isn't.

eta: if you've never used cloth diapers though... you wouldn't know that gDiapers aren't any easier. gDiapers is just going after all the people "on the fence".
 
My experience with gDiapers is that they're actually more trouble than cloth. Having to pull the poopy liner out of the cover, then using the swizzle stick to smush it around while flushing the toilet multiple times trying to get it all down, was actually way more trouble than it was worth. .

Bless your heart. :lol:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top