• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Grow Up Walton County

New posts
You have a woefully inadequate knowledge of how this country was founded. Maybe a little History 101 should be in your future.

“It is not desirable to cultivate a respect for the law, so much as for the right.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

I am well aware of how this country was founded but I wasn't speaking in past tense. We have come a way since the days of Ghandi, MLK & Rosa Parks but obviously haven't learned as much as we should have.
 
Maybe some residents of the county would like for some others to go back where they came from. I preferred to redneck Riviera to what it is now.
 
This is the way I see it. Whether customary use is a go or not, the beaches are still the same size as they`ve always been, give or take on erosion. With the over development and advertising ( and this still continues ) this will always be an issue in Walton County. This will not go away.
 
This is the way I see it. Whether customary use is a go or not, the beaches are still the same size as they`ve always been, give or take on erosion. With the over development and advertising ( and this still continues ) this will always be an issue in Walton County. This will not go away.
Sea level rise will eliminate the issue. This is like folks arguing over seats on the Titanic.
 
Each time I read the posts in this forum (or watch the news) I am reminded of the degeneration of human civility. Lets face it humans don't want to mix even when we say we do! Civil disobedience has consequences. Disobedience has punishments. Please don't mix this up. It is not that difficult to be civil but when we start justifying disobedience with civility we all lose. Maybe if the disobedience were connected to a long oppressed group of people it would be acceptable but that is not the case here. Destructive behavior is destructive behavior. We should all be focused on sea level rise and let the court decide issues that we as a community can't...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top