• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Gulf Trace

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Some of you may have seen the pictures I took on Aug 27 2005, the day before Katrina's landfall. Included in those was this one:
P8260001.JPG


The question I posed at the time, was who was going to clean up the concrete left on the beach after it gets scattered. I still don't know if anyone will remove it, probably not. For a while, I thougt the storm covered the broken slab with sand. Today, I found the truth. The chunks of concrete are scattered in the Gulf in front of this house. Please be careful when playing in the water in front of Gulf Trace.

Shame on those neglectful or disrespectful homeowners.:nono1:
 
Last edited:
What does in look like now?

My husband and I took a walk last week to Seaside from our condo. We passed a pile of debris and what must have been someone's septic system. At least that's what I thought it was based on the way it smelled! :shock: :blink: :shock:
 
Mermaid said:
What does in look like now?

My husband and I took a walk last week to Seaside from our condo. We passed a pile of debris and what must have been someone's septic system. At least that's what I thought it was based on the way it smelled! :shock: :blink: :shock:

I did not take photos in Gulf Trace today, but it simply looks like small chunks of concrete in the water. Also, the house, third from the west end, has been taken out by big yellow equipment. I am sure the same will become of the other severely damaged ones.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top