• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Guy graduation gift suggestions

New posts
Normally I give cash for gifts to guys who are graduating. This year I have a very special grad, and I want to give him something memorable and/or useful. Ideas? He enjoys history and the military. Just a great all around kid who has overcome unbelieveable learning disblilites to graduate.


HISTORY: $100: Ben Franklin
MILITARY: $50: Ulysses S. Grant

Problem solved.


.
 
HISTORY: $100: Ben Franklin
MILITARY: $50: Ulysses S. Grant

Problem solved.


.

:lolabove: Having Shelly on the Board.............Priceless.
 
Ok, reading between the lines here, is this guy a student of yours? If so, the trip may be a bit much, but I always shoot for the stars! ;-)

If he's a history and military buff then I can definitely recommend the PBS series entitled The Civil War a documentary film by Ken Burns. 5 DVDs and 11 hours of amazing history, photos, letters and historical analysis from top historians. To truly understand this country and how it has come to be as we know it one must understand the Civil War.


Bingo!!:clap_1: :clap_1: A winner!! I tutor on the side, and we have been together quite a while. The last couple of years more for moral support. Great suggestion about a trip to Europe, but just got finished paying for my daughter's trip abroad. Do not think I can swing another, but like the video idea. He may get a bag full of goodies!
 
I know a trip can get expensive, but there is a fantastic museum that just opened in Quantico, VA, and it may be fun to visit together. It's the National Museum of the United States Marine Corps. I went with my brother in December, and we stayed for almost 4 hours. It's very extensive and fascinating, especially for someone so interested in the military.
 
HISTORY: $100: Ben Franklin
MILITARY: $50: Ulysses S. Grant

Problem solved.


.

Classic. :clap_1:

I agree with the above, and the suggestion of a nice card with a lovely message about why you are so proud of or inspired by him. It is portable, easy to keep and will never go out of style.
 
I agree with all of the above.

Cash and a card enclosed with a letter expessing your thoughtful sentiments. I have cards/letters I received from special adults from over 30 years ago. I'll never forget how much they meant to me or how they touched my life.:wub:
Reading through all of these posts, I think the one which I would like best to receive would be Johnrudy's suggestion of a letter expressing your thoughtful sentiment, and that would more than take the place of any material gift, even if no cash were inside. While it probably takes less time to write that meaningful letter than going to the store and shopping for a material gift, the letter will be in the mind and soul of the person for the rest of their life, where as a gift tends to end up in a pile with the rest, while the person tries to sort through and figure out what to do with them.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top