• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Handyman/Painter

New posts

Jockamo

Beach Comber
can anyone recommend a quality, reasonably priced handyman/interior painter for a small job in the Seacrest area?
 
As soon as I learn to post threads and pictures, I may be dangerous too. I just can't seem to figure it out yet. Duh :cool:
 
Let's see....

One that will show up.... hummmm....

Ummmmm..... If anyone knows a contractor in the Gulf Coast Area who is:

1. Reliable
2. Has competent help, not day laborers picked up from the local Shell
Station
3. Doesn't do drugs
4. Wants to repair up to CODE

I could go on and on. But basically, I would like to find a qualified contractor that you don't have to crawl up their ass to get the job done, get it done right and finish without trying to pull a fast one. And one that you don't have to beg to show up!
 
I have used a gentleman by the name of R.C. Page. His number is 850-774-2188. He has done a lot of door maintenance along with painting. He is getting ready to add a roof and back porch cover over one of my doors in about 2 weeks. He has always showed up when he is suppose to, called me if there has been a problem and also returned my calls in a promptly time. He has his own company and it is really just him and one other worker. You may want to give him a call. He does do a lot of work for 30-A Realty as far as their maintenance and he grew up in the area so he is a local.
 
yippie said:
Let's see....

One that will show up.... hummmm....

Ummmmm..... If anyone knows a contractor in the Gulf Coast Area who is:

1. Reliable
2. Has competent help, not day laborers picked up from the local Shell
Station
3. Doesn't do drugs
4. Wants to repair up to CODE

I could go on and on. But basically, I would like to find a qualified contractor that you don't have to crawl up their ass to get the job done, get it done right and finish without trying to pull a fast one. And one that you don't have to beg to show up!


Only if you jump in a "Way-Back Machine" and go back about 15 years.

I'm sure there are a few, but if someone tells you who they are, they're going to have to kill you.
 
Shelly - You are TOO FUNNY, but it is SOOOOOO TRUE. I have been dealing with the contractor from HELL for 3 months. I have had it with him.

I will call Alice at 30-A Realty and see what she has to say about the mentioned contractor. Thanks.

I live in Okaloosa County, there is something about licensing that makes some contractors unable to work here. I heard that Grant Blackwell has started a contracting firm. Anyone heard good or bad?

PLEASE DON'T THROW ME OFF THE BOARD FOR LIVING IN OKALOOSA COUNTY. If I had to do it all over again, I would be living on 30-A. I just love it when I get to spend the day with my clients out there. Much perfer it. Some of the people in Destin are so pompous! South Walton is such a wonderful atmosphere!
 
An absolutely fantastic handyman/painter is Nick Smart. You name it he can do it. He recently moved to Santa Rosa Beach from Wisconsin so the kid knows how to work. His number is 850-428-3853. He comes highly recommended. Spread the word - he's looking for work.
 
LouLou said:
An absolutely fantastic handyman/painter is Nick Smart. You name it he can do it. He recently moved to Santa Rosa Beach from Wisconsin so the kid knows how to work. His number is 850-428-3853. He comes highly recommended. Spread the word - he's looking for work.

:welcome: LouLou
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top