• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hang pictures without nails?

New posts

Do Good

Beach Fanatic
Hey all,

Have you ever used any products to hang art without nails? I have a lot of pictures I want to hang (some framed) but I don't want to use nails.

I have seen some products online, but I thought this community is more trustworthy! Let me know if you used something that works, and please, help me weed out what won't work. The walls are Cedar...
 
I don't know of a reliable long term way to hang artwork that doesn't involve a fastener that puts a hole in your wall. :idontno:

Due to the humidity, any adhesive solution becomes permanent and does more damage than a nail. I vote for a nail/picture hanger - that's why they invented spackle and wood putty. ;-)
 
Last edited:
I have very good luck with 3-M quick release. Just be sure to get the appropriate hanger for the weight.
 
I've had some 3M "quick release" become 3M permanent adhesive blob on the wall. In their defense it warns right on the package about humidity.
 
If your walls are white, you can fill with toothpaste when you take your art down. :biggrin:
 
If it's fine art or worth something then use a standard hanger. If it's something from Target then go with the 3M things.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top