• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Other Has Anyone Built an ADU (Accessory Dwelling Unit) on their property using a shed to house?

New posts

srbsharon

Beach Crab
Hello,
Newcomer here, thanks for your patience. I did do a search first but the forum will not allow me to search for ADU because it's not enough letters. I did search "dwelling" and "permit" to see if I could find anything on this before posting.

We want to put an ADU on our property to take care of our senior mother. I live in SRB. I have looked over the Walton Cty website at some of the permit info but have not had the chance yet to go talk to them about the options I have for an ADU.

What I'm considering doing is getting a large shed and turning it into a house. Mom is disabled and can only use a rolling walker so I need to have wide spaces, that I can build out for someone who may need wheelchair access in the near future.

Has anyone done an ADU, or a shed to house in SRB and what was your experience? Is the county easy to deal with on this topic?
Thanks in advance!
Sharon
 
I don't think you'll have a problem but it will depend on where it is and if you have any neighborhood restrictions.

There are quite a few small house threads on here.
 
My parents did this with there land and it's Grandfathered in now, they couldn't do it now. They'd look at the property size and if septic, may require two.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top