• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

has it been busy this year?

New posts

ryan

Beach Comber
we were not able to come down this year. we went to hawaii instead. we keep getting emails from seaside weekly, with specials. i do not remember this in years past. so my question is, has it been busy this year, or slow as compared to years past?
 
Has it been about the same for ya'll? Seems the same to me, maybe a tad more crowded. How was Hawaii? How were the beaches? Any litter? Stuff left all over the beach? Was the water so clear? Got any pix? While typing this just now, the news just showed a whole group of Hawaiin surfers, blocking a huge passenger ferry from docking on their coast due to not getting all the environmental checks that they should have before starting up. :cool: All lined up offshore, sitting on their surfboards in protest, successfully blocking a huge :yikes: passenger ferry from even docking on their shore after her maiden voyage. Now that's what I call caring about your beaches and keepin' 'em clean., and also Power to the People. :clap: :D :wub: Did ya'll see it? Hope Hawaii was nice. Sounds like it would be beautiful. :cool:
 
we were not able to come down this year. we went to hawaii instead. we keep getting emails from seaside weekly, with specials. i do not remember this in years past. so my question is, has it been busy this year, or slow as compared to years past?

Most of the agencies I have talked to say rentals were up. Seaside's Cottage Rental Agency is now "Cottage Rental Agency" operated by Intrawest, which may be the reason for the marketing you received.

Just from a steering wheel perspective it seemed like traffic was up to pre-Ivan levels or higher, Summer 2004.
 
I like Kurt's steering wheel perspective! From a WC owner's perspective, this rental season was our best summer in 5 years....and we use WC as our management co.
 
I like Kurt's steering wheel perspective! From a WC owner's perspective, this rental season was our best summer in 5 years....and we use WC as our management co.

News got out about your balcony. :biggrin:
 
driving through seaside was like molasses all summer...
 
I like Kurt's steering wheel perspective! From a WC owner's perspective, this rental season was our best summer in 5 years....and we use WC as our management co.

I have been hearing that WaterColor had a great Summer. It looks like the rentals have turned the corner after many years of struggle. I'm guessing it's the photography. :lol:
 
I, too have heard that WaterColor rentals were for the most part, maxed out this summer. I think the week of Memorial Day was as busy as July 4th, and I haven't seen that before. I think overall, this summer, it was filled with people. A good indicator is shopping at WaterColor Publix on Saturday's. I screwed up and went on Saturdays several times this summer, and it was a nightmare, filled with way too many people for my beach mind.
 
My family and I visit Seaside often and noticed the increase in email offerings as well. It seems like it increased when the new company took over. We?ve also gotten discounts as return guests too, nice little savings.

We were at Seaside mid-July and it seemed busier than last year. WC Publix seemed busy everyday. Looking forward to another visit over Labor Day ? no kids - woo hoo!

Off topic-when I reserved our chairs and umbrella for Labor Day weekend, the Cabana Man said the wooden chairs had to be pulled back 30 feet. He said the county made them do that. Anyone know why?
 
i heard all 3 Publix sales were up 20%, and restaurant sales were down over the past few years due to competition and more locals and visitors cooking instead of going out.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top