• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Has the sandbar reformed?

New posts

tidalfish

Beach Comber
Hi all,
I am new to the forum. We visit the area every year the last week of march each year. I'm sitting here in Sunny St. Louis MO. thinking about the beach and was wondering if the sand bar has reformed off the beach? Anyone Know?

tidalfish
 
tidalfish said:
Hi all,
I am new to the forum. We visit the area every year the last week of march each year. I'm sitting here in Sunny St. Louis MO. thinking about the beach and was wondering if the sand bar has reformed off the beach? Anyone Know?

tidalfish
I don't recall it disappearing. It is there, yet always changing and moving around a bit.
 
:welcome:

I'm almost positive they are back but you can take a look through the photo gallery and see for yourself. It is full of recent pics. PhotoGallery
 
:welcome: to another fisherman.


The sand bar took a hit and the sand has been all over the place. There were all kinds of holes but things are pretty smooth now.
 
kurt said:
:welcome: to another fisherman.


The sand bar took a hit and the sand has been all over the place. There were all kinds of holes but things are pretty smooth now.

Talking about things being pretty smooth, we were surprised at how hard-packed the sand has become. It was never like that years ago. Now you can play a good game of bacci ball on the beach, no problem. :clap_1:
 
Mermaid said:
Talking about things being pretty smooth, we were surprised at how hard-packed the sand has become. It was never like that years ago. Now you can play a good game of bacci ball on the beach, no problem. :clap_1:
Maybe all of that scraping kept the white and fluffy off the top.
 
Mermaid said:
Talking about things being pretty smooth, we were surprised at how hard-packed the sand has become. It was never like that years ago. Now you can play a good game of bacci ball on the beach, no problem. :clap_1:


It is always hard packed in the winter. It works out well because it is possible to walk on the beach with shoes in the winter so your tosies don't get too cold.
 
Smiling JOe said:
More importantly, tell us about that big Redfish.:wub:

That is a nice red. Bigger than any I have caught out there.
 
Smiling JOe said:
More importantly, tell us about that big Redfish.:wub:
I caught that last year in march along with a bunch of catfish and a few small sharks. Can't wait to get back at it!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top